Boat is in the shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat is in the shop!

Launched this morning bright and early. Had big plans of wading west bay at sunrise throwing topwaters, would have been a beautiful morning. Boat started fine, idled ok. I backed it off the trailer, tied it off and left it idling and went to park the truck. When I got back to the boat, it was dead! Wouldnt start, wouldnt turn over, wouldnt even bump or click the starter! I messed with it for an hour and watched the sun come up and several other happy boat owners launch and leave the ramp. One nice fellow who was fishing alone offered for me to hop in with him. Very kind of him, I was surprised he offered. I thanked him but refused, I wanted to get it to the shop ASAP.

Finally gave up, checked everything, battery cables, fuses, Perko switch, soloenoids, you name it. Took it in to Acies's. 2-3 weeks before they can even look at it. Jimmy spent about five minutes looking over it in the parking lot and couldnt see anything easy or straight forward either. Guess im boatless for a good while, and probably broke too, hahaha!

I just hope my partner comes through with his boat for the slam tournament. This sucks.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Sorry to hear that......Mine has been in and out of the shop a lot in the last year.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      Launched this morning bright and early. Had big plans of wading west bay at sunrise throwing topwaters, would have been a beautiful morning. Boat started fine, idled ok. I backed it off the trailer, tied it off and left it idling and went to park the truck. When I got back to the boat, it was dead! Wouldnt start, wouldnt turn over, wouldnt even bump or click the starter! I messed with it for an hour and watched the sun come up and several other happy boat owners launch and leave the ramp. One nice fellow who was fishing alone offered for me to hop in with him. Very kind of him, I was surprised he offered. I thanked him but refused, I wanted to get it to the shop ASAP.

Finally gave up, checked everything, battery cables, fuses, Perko switch, soloenoids, you name it. Took it in to Acies's. 2-3 weeks before they can even look at it. Jimmy spent about five minutes looking over it in the parking lot and couldnt see anything easy or straight forward either. Guess im boatless for a good while, and probably broke too, hahaha!

I just hope my partner comes through with his boat for the slam tournament. This sucks.

M.M.
      That sucks bro. The Shoalwater should be ready to go in a week. If you need some back-up.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Pick it up & take it to Kohl's they got me in & out in 3 days! This was right before Memorial Day Weekend!!!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Majek, sorry to hear about your boat and I feel your pain. Mine has been in and out since memorial day.

Coe, where is Kohl's? and do they work on mercs?

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Pick it up & take it to Kohl's they got me in & out in 3 days! This was right before Memorial Day Weekend!!!
            Bingo! There are other shops. No way I'd wait two or three weeks just to have someone look at it.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Krolls Marine sorry for confusion don't know why I spelled it wrong

Rosenberg, TX
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good news, the boat is repaired. But I'm at work, so......yeah. They actually had it ready in less than a week, Im not sure why they said it would be so long.

Also, easy fix, the neutral safety switch needed to be adjusted, cleaned and lubed and they replaced the key switch for me since it was showing some age and corrosion. I messed with the neutral safety switch, but couldnt get it to bump the starter. Im just glad it was something simple (like I assumed) and not too expensive. But, Acie's does do great work if y'all are ever looking for a good shop, they have just been swamped lately. But Ive always had great customer service and honest work from them. See y'all on the water (in 8 days of course). May just make the Slam tourney after all.

M.M.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

That's great news! I'm glad it worked out for you. Always have heard nothing but good things about Acie's. He works mainly on Evinrudes doesn't he?
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Glad to hear you got your boat back. Sounds like they under promised and over delivered

Comment

Acie'sdoes manily work on E&J motors and they have a good reputation around here.
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                      X