Reef Building...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reef Building...

For those that went to the Houston Boat Show and that also frequent the 2COOL Forum, Mont and others are pooling money together to buy the concrete reef structures that were on display... They are $1,000 they build them and drop them off and give you Cord for these things...

In a years time you'll have a close accessible reef to grab fish of...

If we get 10 guys to devote $100 etc... We can get one of our own... I have pledged $100 to 2COOL's reef program but would be willing to double that to get one for the West End Anglers...

I know its a lot to ask and maybe we just save up for it for a few months but for those that fish the deep blue you know how over fished certain reefs can get and even one like 2COOL is doing will soon be overfished as there is no way to keep people from not giving out the Cordinates.

Let me know yalls thoughts $50 will go a long way in helping us create a new reef either inside State waters or out in Federal.

Look forward to hearing yalls ideas & $0.02

Coe-

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Count me in for a WEA Reef for $100. Let me know when you need the $.

Coe: PM Grady-22-I think he'll be interested also. Trick will be keeping coordinates secret, but pretty sure it will have to be posted on some state or federal site as a nav/obstr warning of some type, but hey if it's good for fishes, it's good for us regardless. State or Fed doesn't matter to me so long as not over 40 miles out-too many days are too rough for my 23' and my old back don't work like it used to.

Great idea!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Reef

Thought about it some more-state waters would be best (out of SLP area) since the darn GC and NMFS is gonna make snap season 2 weeks or less and has consistently blamed recs for snap decline which we know who butters their bread-comms. Put it within 200 yards of fed line!!!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Were almost half way there!! I agree I'd want it in State Waters so I can dive on it and be able to access it on my way in / out.

Comment

The reefs costs $1000 to build and deploy...

Comment

BUMP-how bout some others? Me and Coe are in-anyone else-come on let's get one!!

Comment

billystix offshore

ok immmmm in
              i will build and auction off a 6ft6 off shore spiral rod to you guys so that you can get it going, now all i ask is that you help me with just a little cash to offset the ship and handle say $50 bucks, i can build it and you can take it to your meeting's or what ever but it should bring in some top money.
              lets look at what i can build 6-ft-6 in the following line clas or ##20-50--#30--60--#50--80, do i hear a ye buddy
              stix
              Attached Files

Comment

well
                i guess that offer went over like a lead ballon, ok so delete the offer just thought i would help.
                stix

Comment

^BUMP!

Billy- I liked your offer. I would for sure bid on that... I think we jumped ahead of ourselves all together... I'll keep a running total and maybe we can phase your kind gesture into the Black Drum Tournament and auction off one of your rods or offer it as a 1st 2nd or 3rd place prize... We'll talk later about it.

Come on guys... how many of yall would fish our own private reef? I'll be adding to it w/ cinder blocks and concrete :-) We're halfway there... Anyone wanna chime in? any amount works and you can PM me I'll keep everything confidential.

Thanks,

Coe-

Comment

How about that reef!!!
                    I'm in and will donate to the cause. We have new members, me included, and it's time to bring this up again. How much do we have to date?

That other location is putting out 500 or so reefs. WOW Imagine fishing there.
                    Joe
                    Last edited by Race1Mopar; April 21, 2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

500 reefs? I want to put ours in State Waters... I think we have $200

Comment

Time for some catch up
                        If this becomes a reality I'm in for $100.

Comment

$300. If we make $500 today I'll throw in another $100

Comment

Coe, I generally do not go offshore, because I do not have the rig to do that, but if someone if willing to take me out once and awhile, I will donate $ 100.00.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I think between all of us we could get you out there! Just an FYI, Blackbeard had the Shoalwater 10 miles off yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X