Wadeing 8 mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wadeing 8 mile

Anyone going out in the morning to 8 mile rd. i've been out there the last to days with no luck. I dont know what im doing wrong. I used the she dog on top and try some jigs to.

I'd figure it's the wind. It's been high through this morning. Tide movement tomorrow morning is going to be kind of flat as well. Tomorrow evening the tide will be pretty low (to 9:30 pm or so), so it might be a decent time from 7pm on. After the ski doo freaks break for beer and the bay settles down.

I'll probably wade in at 8 mile, tomorrow evening. Maybe will see you there?
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I'd try and go a little further down by the pass. 8 mile is more of a winter spot. Not saying you can't catch fish there now. But if you haven't had any luck, head west
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

We went today...posted report under west bay. Managed one keeper flounder, and had some bites. 8 mile was packed today and bite picked up around 9ish. Good luck, area gets good for fall for us. Nice place to discover different areas.

Comment

Were can i see the picture

Comment

there arent any fish at 8 mile anymore! to many people found out about it.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
              I'd try and go a little further down by the pass. 8 mile is more of a winter spot. Not saying you can't catch fish there now. But if you haven't had any luck, head west
              Great point XtremeAngler . In general, during the winter the fish will head east (towards Offats) and as spring sets in they start heading west towards SLP.
              Happy Fishin'
              Chicken

Comment

Working...
              X