West end report 6/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West end report 6/19

Well the wind and forecast screwed me again I swear all those weather men are not drinking from the same bottle and you do not know who to trust (It must be nice to get paid to guess lol), but after running around trying to get comfortable I did get into rat reds on top with everything I could throw at 'em at a spot I have not visited in a while. It gave me the chance to try out my new Strike Pros. All were right at 18" and I stopped counting around 14. Hefty, aggressive and fighting like they were the big uns, so I switched to lighter tackle and had a lot of fun. Darn near wore me out in this heat of the afternoon. Still a great day on the water full catch and release fun. Had a couple of good pulls in the skinny next to the grass. Then, as if I hadn't had enough, went to one of my buddy's places in the evening, fished the lights and had a lot of fun on small specks on the outside of a bait ball from hell. A couple of huge slimers in the mix too with mullet on the bottom. Nothing for the freezer, but still a fun and long day. Hung it up at 1 am to get some rest

"Well the wind and forecast screwed me again I swear all those weather men are not drinking from the same bottle and you do not know who to trust (It must be nice to get paid to guess lol)..."

Rusty it's ALWAYS blowing at least 5 mph. harder here at the beach than the weather liars forecast! If they say 10-15 it will be 15-20. This time of year there's almost always a southerly factor no matter what they say.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Great report!! I've become a big fan of Strike Pro this year as well! I've caught quite a few fish on their Baby Busters and a few of their tops. Glad you got into some fish in spite of the wind. Pretty soon we'll be begging for a breeze!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        "Well the wind and forecast screwed me again I swear all those weather men are not drinking from the same bottle and you do not know who to trust (It must be nice to get paid to guess lol)..."

Rusty it's ALWAYS blowing at least 5 mph. harder here at the beach than the weather liars forecast! If they say 10-15 it will be 15-20. This time of year there's almost always a southerly factor no matter what they say.

Kenny,
        Thanks Bro! I speaking more of direction. It just seems lately they have been calling for SSE and upon arrival it has had more west in it than expected. No problem, I can find some protected areas no matter where I am at!

Comment

Most all lures will work at one time or the other. Strike pro are just too expensive for me, and the hardware rusts really fast too.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for the report. I frequently wet myself down with water using my hat. That's why wading helps you last longer...in the " cool " water.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              Most all lures will work at one time or the other. Strike pro are just too expensive for me, and the hardware rusts really fast too.
              x2, just can't see paying for one where I can get 2 others for the same price that work for me all the time. I agree too that the hooks rust quickly.
              Happy Fishin'
              Chicken

Comment

Working...
              X