Off Shore 6.19.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Shore 6.19.10

Took Robby (Redfish Rob) & Yan (Milkjug) off shore today. Thursday we saw that the prediction was for calm seas 1-2' for today (Saturday). Watched Friday as the forecast predicted 2' then last night & this morning I see 2-3' out 60NM

We rounded the Jetties around 6AM and were met by 3' confused seas out to probably 12 NM. We slowly made our way through the washing machine (22' Robalo) and ran 30 miles out to our first stop. After 12NM the waves subsided to 1-2' and we ran 5100 RPM at around 30 MPH all day long out there. Oh we ran a S heading.

At our first stop, MilkJug jumped in a did some spearfishing and nailed two sheepshead and a cuda. We hooked up to a few sharks at this stop and moved on after 30 minutes with not much bottom action which we figured.

We went out another 15 miles to a few wrecks and rocks that have produced in the past. We nailed two nice snapper real quick then had a mess of sharks to deal with.

We moved off to the East and hit some rigs. Milkjug wanted to get back in for another free dive. At the stop Rob & I bottomed fish and let Yan swim around. He nailed two nice sows he brought the stringer to the boat and I was like WOW. We had left my speargun & scuba tanks at the house I didn't think it was going to be that calm so I opted to not bring all my gear. (BIG MISTAKE)

Anyways it was a fun day on the water weather cooperated and it was calming down ALL day.

Good luck to all those heading out tomorrow!

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Awesome trip! Congrats!! Water looks beautiful! Never eaten a sheepshead -- caught lots of em though ... guess I'm missing out.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice trip and pic's!.....Look a Yan sighting!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Nice trip and pic's!.....Look a Yan sighting!
        Yeah he did good getting two nice sows with the speargun we have a trip out of Port A next weekend.

Comment

wows.. nice ones.

Comment

Congrats on the nice trip.

Comment

very nice job Coe & Yan!!!!!
              it really flattened out ....always bring your stuff you never know what will happen out there!!!
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                very nice job Coe & Yan!!!!!
                it really flattened out ....always bring your stuff you never know what will happen out there!!!
                Yeah I didn't have a float line for my gun and being my first time I wasn't excited about not being able to let go of the gun should I need to...

We could have brought the tanks but it predicted 2-3's all day and I knew getting out through the "washing machine" would be a challenge.

I need to fab up a stand or holder for the tanks so I can secure them during transit.

Comment

Sweeet trip!!!!

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great snaps...
                    sigpic

Comment

Awesome Nice trip and home page pic!
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Too rough for me so I stayed in the bays. Sorry we didn't tandem run Coe.

Nice going-I figured it would be kind of a sloppy, but looks like it flattened out once ya got far enough out. WTG.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice going! Diving and spear fishing at the rigs is almost always a fun time. Thanks for the great pics.
                          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

It was good to see you guys when you came in.....great fish!

Comment

sweet!!

Comment

Working...
                              X