South Texas Report 6/16-20/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Texas Report 6/16-20/10

Let me start out like this... WOW!!! ... Meet everyone at the Bird Island Boat Ramp Wednesday 6-16-10 late evening... After the 24 mile trip to the cabin in the land cut... We unpacked the boats and gassed up the generators and fished under the lights until 1:00am... We caught numerous trout pulling out 10 keepers from the instant feeding frenzy... I ended the first night after catching a 24" red... To bed I went like a little kid on Christmas Eve... LOL
    Thursday 6-17-10 Crawled out of bed at 5:00am looking for my gifts... LOL We jumped in serious tool and hit the 9 mile hole... The winds were pumpin 15-20 knots... We found some clear water and site casted for reds WOW... What a day we caught our limits in four drift... I was using a white gulp jerk shad... We pulled out 4 trout as well but the trout didn't show up for some reason... But boy-o-boy the reds did...: D Got back too the cabin and cooked the trout for supper...
    Friday 6-18-10 Out of bed at 5:00am... The winds were pumpin 15-20 knots again... Did the same thing but ended the day with 3 trout??? This time it took 6 drifts to catch our limits of reds... Again the trout didn't show for the dinner bell... All I can say is WOW the reds were fun... Gin clear water sight casting the reds and watching the red suck up the lure... WOW this was ESPN Chit homeboy...
    Saturday 6-19-10 Out of bed at 6:30am... We had a few green fishermen with us so wed spent the first part of the mornin putting them on the fish... WOW again the reds didin't disappoint us... I really enjoyed putting the guys with us on the fish... Their smiles said it all... After them newbie’s caught their limits... We went out and got ours... Again the reds were there and still eating the white jerk shad... Ended the day with 4 limits of reds & 8 trout... Cooked trout for supper again...
    Sunday 6-20-10 we were going to get up and head in this mornin and not do any fishin... Yhea right LOL hit 9 mile one more time with the winds at about 5-10 knots and caught our 2 limits in just one drift... WOW that was the fastest trip I ever made LOL it took longer to put out the drift sock than it did to catch the fish... The South Texas Fishery has been touched by the hand of God himself... Just Sayin ... Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasures...
    The word of the last 5 days is WOW...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Dude that's awesome!! Great report and bad arse pics!! Glad you got on em!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Awesome trip Keith....I cant wait to get down there.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nothing like sight casting to big reds at NMH.... I love sight casting to reds no matter where they are... Sounds like a great trip, minus the lil trouts lol

Thomas
        Capt. Thomas Barlow
        281-827-6815
        www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Nice fishing!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Awesome! Congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice trip and pics .... Congrats