offatts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offatts?

I havent fished offatts in a while and was thinking about hitting it up saturday... anybody had any luck wading the reef there lately?

I was in there yesterday, water was boiling with trout, reds, and flounder. It was almost every cast!
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

where do you wade at in there.

Comment

I typically try to wade in the water.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

do you wade over by the houses thats close to 45,where the rocks seem to disappear into the water

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyGdalCON
            where do you wade at in there.
            Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
            I typically try to wade in the water.
            Last edited by chicken; August 1, 2010, 10:39 AM.
            Happy Fishin'
            Chicken

Comment

yea me to,texas slam!!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

You can drive to the end of 5 th street ( double check that on Google Earth , may be 7 th street ) which dead ends at the water, Galveston Island side. I have kayaked to the reef there , I'm not sure if you can wade to it, though. Might depend on if it's high or low tide. Don't get stuck out there. I do know you can safely wade to the left. You can also drive along the road next to the golf course , keep bearing to the right when you meet a cross street and you will end up on some sand and can park . The airport is nearby. Wade to the right or straight out. You will find some guts and sand bars. It can get pretty soft in areas. Look at the area on Google Earth. Good luck !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X