King's amd large Mack's-6/20/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King's amd large Mack's-6/20/10

The wife and I Launched out of Eagle Point and headed out. The water was relatively calm except for the churned water from the ship's. Then we re-fueled at the Yacht Basin and headed off SE from Galveston jetty's. Hit the first gas rig. Nothing happening there except a few good strike's. Then it was off E to the next rig w/helo pad. The crew of the rig were sand blasting the pad. A small cc was chumming the water all around the rig. The bait was amazing on the S side of the rig. Which had tuned into a feeding frenzy for numerous Spanish Mack's and some King's. I turned over the Helm to Linda,as I fished the S side using my Bass Pro Shops Tourney Special w/Quantum Catalyst reel.Trolling a Mann's lure behind it. Hooked into a nice Spanish Mack. In the cooler w/it. Then on another pass on the S side...bamm another Spanish Mack. Then on another pass...a nice small 28" King. Then on a drift from the S to the NE..as we were passing the rig. On my other rig using bait, Penn Sportfish 7" w/Penn 950SSm. A bigger King..that had knocked me off balance. I smashed my already healing broken small toe against the boat..Owwww. I did not mind..I had a fish. Boated them all ..in the cooler. Then we headed in to the Galveston jetty's. Fished the end with nothing happening. Then it was off to the cut. Nothing going on there we headed in. It was as hot as Hades..though had a lot of fun and caught some fish. Planning the next trip ..which in,we will leave at dark. Nothing like being on the sea.
    Attached Files
    They like shiny spoons...

Great report....Thanks,
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

High Pressure = No winds = Hot = EXCELLENT fishing OFF SHORE
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice trip!!

Comment

Thanks for the report.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice trip,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Next time you catch small smacks like that, put them on a live bait rig and throw them back out!!

You need a bigger tank Dave....47 gallons ain't gonna cut it.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                Next time you catch small smacks like that, put them on a live bait rig and throw them back out!!

You need a bigger tank Dave....47 gallons ain't gonna cut it.
                67gallons...now I still go fishing-lol

Comment

Nice to see people going out there.
                  NoBama

Comment

Nice report!
                    A Living Legend

Comment

looks like you and the wife had fun in the sun!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yes the hot Texas Sun-lol It was good for us to get out on the water. Cant wait to get back out there again.

Comment

thanks for the report!!
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                          X