Texas Kingsfish Shootout - Surfside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Kingsfish Shootout - Surfside

Left Tiki Island with 3 teenagers and a good buddy (who happens to run a 31 foot center with twin 300' ). Bounced around spots between 25 and 45 miles out, before making it to the tournament weigh-in in Surfside about 5pm. Ended up placing 3rd in the Junior division with a 29lb'er. Running a boat like that sure makes the day alot easier. Even so, I was beat after releasing or gaffing over 30 kings. My thanks to Robalo for giving us some good ideas on where to fish. If you see bait working around a rig, fish it. Slow troll or drift some bait through there, and it's a hook up nearly everytime. These boys had a memorable day for sure.
    Attached Files

Way to go. 3rd place is great!! I bet those kids had a blast. Glad you did well.

I was gonna go out, but my back and my brothers' backs didn't think it was flat enough Saturday. I think we were wrong!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Looks like a great trip!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X