GISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GISP

Caught 2 not quite in the slot at GISP this morning. Wind very light. Tide almost to the top. Both tricked on an orange/gold bend back clouser nearly shrimp looking thing. It was all over by 7:30 where I was.
    Attached Files

Very jealous, but I'm sure your glad you were able to cruise in early and beat the heat of the day, you going back out tonight?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have recently started fishing West Bay, where is the slot at GISP? I am fished the area recently, but the dredges threw me off.

Comment

Actually the GISP slot moves around a bit. It was at the entrance to Oak Bayou, but Ike shifted it a bit so it is closer to where the old birding platform used to be. From the entrance to Oak the slot is about 1/4 of the way to the 3 posts still standing. Please don't disclose this location to any mainlanders or weekenders.

Hope this helps.

Comment

way to get out there

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the information. I have recently been fishing the marshes east and west of Jamiaca Beach, but have had no luck. The marsh to the west of JB looks great, but I polled through there and only saw 3 or 4 red fish. It seems to me the area has lots of pressure on weekends. I hope to get out and learn more of the area soon. Keep catching those reds.

Comment

TLRebel,
              Jim is pulling yore leg! He's talking about the Red fish slot limit between 20 & 28".
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

kenny, I think he might have been talking about the red fish slot limit on his first post, but then he talks about a physical location. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X