Seabrook 6-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seabrook 6-22

Had a horrid time sleeping Mon night thinking about catching and the calm winds. Knew I had to work tonight but just had to go run about for a short time. Made it to the Dock @ 0600, the wind was a big fat zero. Plan was to only stay till 8-9 then get home to do the clean up and get some rest before work. Ran out to the Flats first or by the bridge just outside the channel. Bait busting everywhere, chunking BA's / Tops no takers, the fishes were there just no takers. Didn’t wont to use shrimps but the Freezer is begging for some fish. Went back in to 3 Amigo's and they were out, so back out and position up again. Several tosses and the water went nutts, 3-4-5 dolphins were cleaning up bait and the trout. Several times they were slinging the Trout right out the water and another would pick the wounded Trout up, it was wild to witness. Well, that was not going to help land any fish for me so, headed towards the El Jardin area or half way. The slicks were popping and the smell gave this old man a big smile Tried several BA's and found the Pimps favorite was the bait. Lordy it was fun, missed 3 at the boat.. A good friend once said you'll pay for not using fresh line one day and I did. Even with the drag just barely set it would break and didn't have any line to replace it with.. So, I got what I could in the time I had with this crapping line. 3 fat keepers, ranging from 17"-20".. Great Table Fare size! The freezer is not frowning as much! Dam the bad line, It was 0905 and I headed home. Left them biting!
    @ work can't post Pic, but will do in the morning @ home!!

Mercy it's Hot out there... be careful and drink lot's of water,

wd

Nice report! Sucks about the bad line but at least you managed dinner!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice job.congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job Walt!!

Comment

Thanks for the report & sounds like you had a great time!!

Comment

Here's the Pic.. Sorry about the delay.. Puter problems @ home but ok now!

Thanks,
            wd
            Attached Files

Comment

Planning on heading over there on Saturday. If you could have got your hands on that shrimp, don't forget about the pilings on that South shoreline that backs up to the seafood markets, live shrimp and a split shot or two should equal some nice reds and a flattie or two. Those damn dolphins were there last weekend too. That pocket seems to be holding alot of bait and trout.

Comment

Nice three of a kind there......
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                X