Sea Isle reef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Isle reef?

A bud of mine was saying that within wading distance there is a oyster reef off of Sea Isle... anyone know where its at? and has anyone had any luck on it? I am kind of new to wading and not real sure where to head.

No such thing. Get a map or check the Map page here. There is Snake Island, but no such thing as Sea Isle Reef in galveston. Snake Island would be a pretty deep wade from shoreline.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

No Sea Isle Reef. He's probably talking about Snake Island, like Robalo said. I would wade that, but I've seen people do it.

Comment

I think this is what he was talking about, seems to be between Sea Isle pier and Snake Island, is this what y'all are talking about
        Attached Files

Comment

There is a small reef close to a drain, so yep, maybe-that aint Snake isle certainly. I have waded that area many years ago before the geotubes and before Sunset Cove was even dreamed up and on outgoing tides caught a few reds and trout-some spots go knee deep in mud near there. Some pretyty good wading along that shore-just watch for boat traffic-the boat channel is just south of the pier to get into the cove and if you wade out too far, you will get waked. I try to respect waders, but if they wade or a boat parks in the channel, well.... you know!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew0287 View Post
            A bud of mine was saying that within wading distance there is a oyster reef off of Sea Isle... anyone know where its at? and has anyone had any luck on it? I am kind of new to wading and not real sure where to head.
            Haven't fished that area much recently but 15 tears ago there was an oyster reef between snake island and the point at Maggies cove. One night I spent the night on it fishing for reds. Also there was an oyster reef about 15 degrees about 100 to 200 yards wsw from Maggies point. But both of those would be a hard wade from SI.

Comment

Yeah I think I'm just prolonging the time before buy a yak to head out there.. just dont have the funds to do so at the moment, with tuition coming up...

Comment

Student loans bought me a few fishing toys
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

There are NO fish in that area. I would stay away. I also know that there are many sting rays and bull sharks with rabies in that area as well...people who wade that area wind up dead man!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
                    There are NO fish in that area. I would stay away. I also know that there are many sting rays and bull sharks with rabies in that area as well...people who wade that area wind up dead man!
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Or come face to face with Kenny.....

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

lol!

Has to be Snake Island. You can't wade to it from shore, i don't think. There is a deeper hole on the Sea Isle side of it and a gut between it and Sunset Cove......at least it was the last time I was over there.

But like BTC said, there is no reason to go anywhere near that Island or the surrounding flats

Comment

haha i'll be sure to get my vaccinations before i head out!!!

I hear even the crabs have crabs out there...LOL!

Comment

I've been fishing that area for years and the only thing I ever caught was a damned ol' gaftop.
                            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                            X