First trip off shore this year, any pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip off shore this year, any pointers

My buddy and I are taking my wife and oldest son off shore on Monday. We only get to do this about twice a year and this will be our first trip this year. I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful hints. We usually go out about 30-45 miles out of Freeport.

Make sure you have an EPIRB & all your safety gear!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hope the seas are calm. Take plenty of ice, water, chum and bait. Set and give out a float plan and time expected to return. My neighbor's grandson got a stinger hook in his finger last Sunday-bring a hook remover kit just in case and make sure you have/use circles for snaps and have a vent tool anfd hookout. Good luck and be safe. Check you radios, bilge and all safety gear, bring tools and extra pliugs and gas/water filters.

look forward to a great post from ya!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
      X