Daiwa Coastal CL153H Inshore Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daiwa Coastal CL153H Inshore Reel

I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago right before my trip to the Laguna Madre. I have always been a Shimano fan and never heard much nor cared for Daiwa, but after reading some reviews I thought this might be a decent reel as a back up or one for a guest, but more than I wanted to spend. I went to FTU to look at their Shimano Citica's that were on sale to see how they felt. They were nice, but then I asked to see the Daiwa just to see. This thing is smooth! After some quick debate and seeing the special they had going for the reel and a decent Daiwa IM7 rod for $139 (the price of the reel alone) I went for it. And I am glad I did. This is an extremely smooth reel, easy casting, and built for the saltwater with extra corrosion protection. I manged to catch a 20" drum and a 25.5" redfish and a handful of keeper trout and the reel handled them just fine with no issues. It only has 4 days of fishing on it but it still works and looks like new. A few quick facts which I like about it:

6.3:1 retrieve (28" line pre handle turn)
    Aluminum Frame
    7 Disc, Fiber composite wet drag
    Infinite anti-reverse

If any of you are looking for a good reel, dont overlook this one without trying it out first. I am highly impressed, a lot more that I thought I would be since I have never been a Daiwa fan.
    Here it is.

(scroll down and click on Coastal Inshore for pics and specs)

Good luck guys, I think I may have found a replacement vs. backup for my old Curado!

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!
Working...
X