unfreezing an outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfreezing an outboard

Just bought a 14 double wide job boat to use as a hunting boat and a beat around whatever boat. It comes with 25 horse johnson but its froze up from ike. I want to at least try to see what I can do to it before I go buy another. Any suggestions to getting it broke free?

whats frozen ?
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

The motor is, I try to pull the cord and nothing moves.

Comment

Pull the plugs, fill with oil, let it sit for a day try and turn the fly wheel by hand back n forth until it breaks loose if it does. That's if its just frozen rings. Next step is beaking the motor down. Just my past experience. Hope that helps.
        I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
          Pull the plugs, fill with oil, let it sit for a day try and turn the fly wheel by hand back n forth until it breaks loose if it does. That's if its just frozen rings. Next step is beaking the motor down. Just my past experience. Hope that helps.
          \

Yes pull the plugs and pour Marvil Mystery Oil into the cylinder... Let it sit and presto 8 times out of 10 it will freeup... The other 2 out of 10 you will break down the engine... I hope you fall under the 8 out of 10... Good Luck...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
            \

Yes pull the plugs and pour Marvil Mystery Oil into the cylinder... Let it sit and presto 8 times out of 10 it will freeup... The other 2 out of 10 you will break down the engine... I hope you fall under the 8 out of 10... Good Luck...
            x2 marvelmysteryoil.com
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

thanks guys! I'll go get some marvel mystery oil and give it a try. I'll give yall a report on how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                \

Yepp thats the right answer,Have watched one of my friends do it many times.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Just filled the cylinders with some marvel mystery oil. Will update soon.

Comment

If that motor was submerged in Ike, and you are just now messing with it. Give it up. The crank and bearings are 99% sure to be bad. If you DO get it to run, it won't be long before a rod comes out the side of the block.

Comment

Well its been 3 days since I poured in the MMO, still froze up. I'm gonna let it sit and try again in a few days, but it looks like I might be out of luck. Time to start the hunt for another 25 I guess...

Comment

I guess you fell in the 2 out of 10 category... Sorry to hear it...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
                          Well its been 3 days since I poured in the MMO, still froze up. I'm gonna let it sit and try again in a few days, but it looks like I might be out of luck. Time to start the hunt for another 25 I guess...
                          Hey joe i saw a 25 hp motor for sale down the road from were i live.Pm if interested or call.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                          X