Port Aransas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Aransas

Should have photos tomorrow... Limits of Red Snapper, 1 ling (MilkJug), 1 sheepshead. First time ever spearfishing 5 shots 5 kills I did lose a shaft the tip unscrewed and down she went. Had to do an ESA was trying to fight a sow & didn't realize how deep she got me. Burned through my air & hit 0 PSI at 80' freaked me out I couldn't believe it. Learned my lesson on dive # 1... Watch your air closely. I honestly looked had 1100 then 3 min later I'm sucking fumes. All good made 2 more dives around 60'. Fun day on the water! With some excitement!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

very nice coe!! how far did you go off port A ?
    deep water close there!!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Should have photos tomorrow... Limits of Red Snapper, 1 ling (MilkJug), 1 sheepshead. First time ever spearfishing 5 shots 5 kills I did lose a shaft the tip unscrewed and down she went. Had to do an ESA was trying to fight a sow & didn't realize how deep she got me. Burned through my air & hit 0 PSI at 80' freaked me out I couldn't believe it. Learned my lesson on dive # 1... Watch your air closely. I honestly looked had 1100 then 3 min later I'm sucking fumes. All good made 2 more dives around 60'. Fun day on the water! With some excitement!
      well where are the pics

Comment

Good Job!Sounds like a close call.I hope to boat some fish in the blue water today....
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

James I just woke up didnt want to call late I still have to drive back to Houston
          Last edited by WestEndAngler; June 27, 2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Bad arse Coe can't wait to see the pics.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Cmon with the pics Coe.....Sounds like a great trip!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I didn't personally take any photos... The camera housing I use will fail at 130' I hit 180' on my first dive to see if there were any AJ's or Grouper around...

I am waiting on one of the guys to send me a link to the photos... I hate relying on other people lol

Comment

sounds like fun.congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Here's just two of the photos from Yan's camera... Still awaiting all the photos on Marc's...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA300742r.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	552044

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA300743r.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	552045

Comment

Nice snappers Coe.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice work fellas!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Bad Arse Coe! I had a similar experience with the first big AJ I shot at 100' on the rigs. Bad gill shot and went for a ride to 140' before getting it under control. When multi tasking that air goes quick! Especially when the cudas are waitin just below topside like a pack of wolves & eyeballin' your catch. You guys not using any stage bottles? Great haul and pics, you guys just be careful out there cuz ain't no fish worth it Bro. I have seen some other close calls too that could have been bad under the rigs with guys using reels. Me, I prefer one shot one kill with about 25' cable and shock leader. I have been tempted to string, load again and make another kill on the same dive, but have not quite tried to push that envelope yet cause generally I make it count. It has been a while, just thinking about it makes me jealous. All my boys that had boats with range have since buckled under the gas price pressure. Lately, I've just been recreating it up in Cozumel, Roatan & the Caymans and that is cool and all, but god I do miss the hunt.

Comment

Coolness!

Snappers = good noms.
                            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bolen View Post
                              Bad Arse Coe! I had a similar experience with the first big AJ I shot at 100' on the rigs. Bad gill shot and went for a ride to 140' before getting it under control. When multi tasking that air goes quick! Especially when the cudas are waitin just below topside like a pack of wolves & eyeballin' your catch. You guys not using any stage bottles? Great haul and pics, you guys just be careful out there cuz ain't no fish worth it Bro. I have seen some other close calls too that could have been bad under the rigs with guys using reels. Me, I prefer one shot one kill with about 25' cable and shock leader. I have been tempted to string, load again and make another kill on the same dive, but have not quite tried to push that envelope yet cause generally I make it count. It has been a while, just thinking about it makes me jealous. All my boys that had boats with range have since buckled under the gas price pressure. Lately, I've just been recreating it up in Cozumel, Roatan & the Caymans and that is cool and all, but god I do miss the hunt.
                              First dive I got off 1 shot.... 2nd - 3rd dives I got 2 fish / dive. I probably could have got off a final 3rd shot on the final dive but didn't want to push it.

I was getting really good at loading gun took me 5 minutes the first time now it takes me 15 seconds and I'm ready to shoot...

I do the O.S.O.K routine and think I'll prefer free diving with a float buoy on the surface and a place to string fish off of it. I didn't like swimming around with bleeding fish with 8 barracudas tailing me

Comment

Working...
                              X