Offshore 6/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore 6/26

Weathered the 3-4's today and went with RSN out of Jamaica Beach to SLP and about 40 miles out, the 3 hour SLOW ride ended up to be worth it. The seas somewhat laid down in the late afternoon and the weather sure was nice out there.
    Attached Files

Nice job fellas!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice!! I saw a lot of offshore boats turning around that day haha.

Comment

nice !! it was rough out there ... i only went 18 mi and decided that was enough...
        nice fish and pics thanks for the report
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Great fish & trip/ we went on thre 26th as well thru the SLP and did not do that good/ there were too many boats out there and my main rig had divers there most all day!!! We went about 40 miles as well. I cannot get the Dorados down- do u fish them off rigs or weed lines??

Comment

Great report....Nice haul!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

we caught them around weedlines. dn17 and i caught 13 dorado in two trips out of the SLP this past week, they are out there

Comment

nice pic's and report!They lied about today in the morning it was three to four not two to three.it laid down for a bit during the heat of the day then it turned dark and started lighting of in the distance......we high-tailed it in!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good job!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

We went 18 miles, kings were thick and I got 1 nice 10#+ snapper. I was figuring it was 1-3' slop. Nice job on the Dodos-40 miles had to be a slow long trip in that washing machine saturday-took us over an hour to make 272 area.

Anyone know if those two idiots in the 14-16' jonboat made it back from the easternmost caisson at about 10 miles? I yelled and waved at em to turn around, but they were just stupid and kept going. I couldn't even see them after maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile since they were so low in the water. They did have their vests on at least.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

it sure did take us awhile to get out to 252/272 but once we got past 301 area it really cleaned up and wasnt nearly as choppy, still 2-3's but didnt beat the crap out of us as much. we couldnt get goin more than about 13mph on the way out so we decided to just bump it down and troll out. it ended up being well worth it as we caught our biggest king of the day trolling on our way out.

Comment

Nice trip!

Comment

Look's like ya'll had a blast. Nice report and pic's.
                          They like shiny spoons...

Comment

nice work capt! What boat are you running?

Comment

do you all ever fish the 350 block? How far out from SLP? (looks like about 30 mi to me)

Comment

Working...
                              X