6-27-10 in 50ft of water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-27-10 in 50ft of water!

It was tough ride out but it calmed down around 10;30 or so.We started trolling a few miles outside of the jetties and around 6:30 or so we heard the sweet sound of zzzzzzzzzzzfishon....I'm first up to bat so eagerly i try to take the rod out of the rodholder and the fish about ripped out of my hand..So with a smile on my face early in the morning and a fish making the drag scream.I tryed to start horseing this fish in.not happening so i played it out for a few miniutes and get the fish closer to the boatand the fish see or hears the boat and he shifted it to overdrive in the opposite way.I finally horse it in and get it to the surface and it was a jack crevalle!Reeling65 gaffs him like a pro and Jack in the Box. We were like yes i hope this is a sign of a great day! We rig up and thrity min or so one of the line's just bent over big time and then the line went limp.I reel it in and it has been sheared of at the wireWTF and it happened twice in a hour.....drag was set as light as you could go trolling anyways we lost some high dollar lures so of to soaking bait we goI will let Dave tell the rest of the story later ......good day!
    Attached Files
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

That is a nasty arse fish to eat... But they are fun to catch... C&R only for me... LOL
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
      That is a nasty arse fish to eat... But they are fun to catch... C&R only for me... LOL

Keith you are invited over for a fine dinner of jack crevalle one day.....You will change your mind i promise!

Comment

Nice job Chris! I'm gonna have to side with Keith on this one though. Yuck!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

If you have any leftovers let me know I'll use them for crab trap bait. Fun catch but a toss back for me as well.

Comment

Oh where do I begin?
              Ok as Chris said..a awesome fight. I gaffed it and onto the boat the boat it was. We all will soon know..or should I say. I will know if Texas Crevelle are any good. Like pompano over in Florida. After that one we lost two Mann's Stretch 30+ cut off right at the lip. 58lb test Tooth Proof wire. Cut off ..I mean clean..like a sharp pair of wire cutters. Then the seas had calmed to 2ft with a period of six second's. Then it was off to the SE gas stems. Once we got there..the entertainment began. We had started drift fishing the stem on the NE side..drifting to the SW at about 1/4mile an hour. Once we had drifted past the rig and 100yards or so. We could see a 18ft skiff coming up on the stem..they tied off to the stem. That is what we were planing. Then I motored the boat back 200yard's or so..to the NE of the stem. We set out our baits again. Then here come's two sport fishing Yachts. One is the Main Event..the other is the Kimberly Marie. The Main Event was cutting in-front of our drift close enough to see all on-board clearly. Then they began circling the stem like Indians around a campfire. Boxing in the skiff...with know respect for us true Anglers. Then out of the sky from the SE you could see the Helo aproaching the stem. The Helo land's on the top of the stem..giving some rotor wash to the small skiff below... Free A/C.... Here are the pic's of this fishing adventure. If it is not fish... it is entertainment ...lmao
              They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Where are the photos?

Comment

Here are the pic's-----

Check out the Indian's...
                  Attached Files

Comment

LMAO all those boats on a single structure rig... Were the bigger boats making bait or were they actually fishing???

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Comment

I had same problem with the big boats 6/26- they werent really doing anything but getting in my chum line

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          LMAO all those boats on a single structure rig... Were the bigger boats making bait or were they actually fishing???
                          We had been drifting around that structure before anybody was there...so no big deal when the skiff showed up and tied of.thrity minutes later these guys was circling like indians around one lone wagon.....we were drifting and they motored to close to us as far as i'm concerned......there were acutal rigs a few more miles out that nobody was at.I thought a little more respect would have been given but what do i know! They pulled out some rods and wet some lines after they made on complete circle!
                          Last edited by reeltime; June 28, 2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                            We had been drifting around that structure before anybody was there...so no big deal when the skiff showed up and tied of.thrity minutes later these guys was circling like indians around one lone wagon.....we were drifting and they motored to close to us as far as i'm concerned......there were acutal rigs a few more miles out that nobody was at.I thought a little more respect would have been given but what do i know! They pulled out some rods and wet some lines after they made on complete circle!
                            X2.........

Comment

Working...
                            X