6/26 18 miles or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/26 18 miles or so

Me, girlfriend and brother Brian took the Robalo saturday about 7 am about 18 miles outta SLP in what was a washing machine-choppy 1-3' waves, slow ride out. Arrived about 8:30 at platform.

Tied off to a platform and cast a free-lined sardine. Zinnnnggg goes the drag-a 10-12# snapper. Oh boy!! Threw menhaden chum out and had a line on bottom with live croaker-rod bends almost in half and I tighten lever drag-pow-mono leader popped. Then more kings on free lined sardine and brother puts out a green/yellow octopus jig with sardine-his line starts screaming and reels in a 55" king-we guessed about 40 pounds. We didn't catch another snapper and glad no sharks. limited by 10:30, lost several lines. 4 Kings and 1 10#+ snapper which we ate 1/4 of it on the grill.

Neighbor Mark and Brad (Baby Tran Cat) and my brother Jim tandemed but they each brought 2 kids per boat and the kids were chumming and they didn't make it far-maybe 12 miles, but they caught kings and sharks-they headed in by 10 I believe. We came in by 11:30, cleaned up and napped until dinner.

Saw two morons heading out in that slop in a 14-16' jonboat with 25hp? tiller motor-their side clearance could not have been more than the waves and they headed straight for a caisson about 12 miles out-we waved for them to turn back and they ignored us-about 1/4 mile behind us, we couldn't see them anymore because the low profile and waves-hope they didn't sink. It was no conditions for a small jonnboat out there.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Nice report.congrats on the catch.they were morons for going out in a jon bote
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice trip and report sounds like the kings are there...
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Here's some pics.
        Attached Files
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great fish Jerry. Though the kids got sick they still had fun. The kid I had with Mark and I had never fished before...hooked up early with a nice king who battled that kid for a good ten minutes...said it was one of his best days ever. Hard to beat that!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report!!

Comment

nice fish....looks like saturday was a good day all around, even if the washing machine was on spin cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                Me, girlfriend and brother Brian took the Robalo saturday about 7 am about 18 miles outta SLP in what was a washing machine-choppy 1-3' waves, slow ride out. Arrived about 8:30 at platform.

Tied off to a platform and cast a free-lined sardine. Zinnnnggg goes the drag-a 10-12# snapper. Oh boy!! Threw menhaden chum out and had a line on bottom with live croaker-rod bends almost in half and I tighten lever drag-pow-mono leader popped. Then more kings on free lined sardine and brother puts out a green/yellow octopus jig with sardine-his line starts screaming and reels in a 55" king-we guessed about 40 pounds. We didn't catch another snapper and glad no sharks. limited by 10:30, lost several lines. 4 Kings and 1 10#+ snapper which we ate 1/4 of it on the grill.

Neighbor Mark and Brad (Baby Tran Cat) and my brother Jim tandemed but they each brought 2 kids per boat and the kids were chumming and they didn't make it far-maybe 12 miles, but they caught kings and sharks-they headed in by 10 I believe. We came in by 11:30, cleaned up and napped until dinner.

Saw two morons heading out in that slop in a 14-16' jonboat with 25hp? tiller motor-their side clearance could not have been more than the waves and they headed straight for a caisson about 12 miles out-we waved for them to turn back and they ignored us-about 1/4 mile behind us, we couldn't see them anymore because the low profile and waves-hope they didn't sink. It was no conditions for a small jonnboat out there.
                X2..taking a john boat out in seas that are 2-4ft..is insanity! Only if it were like Ice Cream would that happen. Nice job on the fishing. Good report and good job!
                They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Working...
                X