1/17 and 1/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/17 and 1/18

I should have stayed in-no, not really, fishing IS ALWAYS better than anything (almost) else. Saturday-hit Jumbile about noon, drifting east shore-lost 1 barely keeper trout next to boat-my brother was also drifting nearby and he caught a sheepie. Nothing else. Tried my dink hole-first time in 2 weeks they weren't there. Used live shrimp. Sunday, me and 2 brothers tried Confederate-wind was light, lots of oyster boats and nada (around 10:30 am). Moved to Green's cut area. Made one drift and wind was picking up from NE. Had 1 hit and I missed it. In by noon. Score=ZERO/SKUNKED.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Damm robalo...you're putting way too much pressure on those fish.

Comment

Robalo... Did you see Beach Bum & I? We went from Karankawa back to Teakwood and perhaps passed Greens around that same time...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

007 and I had the same situation in Burnet yesterday....nada pescado!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

?

What were you in Coe? Saw a mako and a fishin/ski barge type boat. We were in brother's white 22' Blazer bay with 150 suzi near mouth of green's cut on bayside-got there right when wind picked up-made the one short drift and went in for breakfast at almost dead noon. Saw several boats roaring out of Green's lake-a jon boat, a nice shallow rig-like a shoalwater cat -thought I saw Kenny coming out of Jam Beach in his 18' Flatscat.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Wish I was!

JT:

Yuk Yuk. I wish!! Dang work!

Comment

Hey FoF:

What was the deal with the fish? Seems like not much action for the nice conditions-heck I aint even seeing any in my underwater light in the canal. Too cold last week or what? I sure hope it gets better by this weekend.

Maybe AP found them (bet if anyone can it'd be him)?

Comment

Yep, that was me leaving the main canal about 10:00ish and back in about 1:00.
                No troutskys just Reds on N. shoreline.
                It's blowin' pretty good right now. I may slip out right before dark and see what's up.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Kenny

I like that Flatscat. Good luck and catch some more. Next time I may follow you since we did nada!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    Hey FoF:

What was the deal with the fish? Seems like not much action for the nice conditions-heck I aint even seeing any in my underwater light in the canal. Too cold last week or what? I sure hope it gets better by this weekend.

Maybe AP found them (bet if anyone can it'd be him)?

I'm not sure about West, but Burnet just gets too much traffic on weekends.
                    Actually...I believe the conditions were too good yesterday. Hopefully Baffin isn't going to be dead like G-Bay right now.
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      What were you in Coe? Saw a mako and a fishin/ski barge type boat. We were in brother's white 22' Blazer bay with 150 suzi near mouth of green's cut on bayside-got there right when wind picked up-made the one short drift and went in for breakfast at almost dead noon. Saw several boats roaring out of Green's lake-a jon boat, a nice shallow rig-like a shoalwater cat -thought I saw Kenny coming out of Jam Beach in his 18' Flatscat.
                      I was in my new Gator-Tail (18' x 60") Jon Boat, has a grass blind on it which would have been folded down two guys and two dogs its a tiller steer and I was getting looks from everyone!

I came out of Greens on Saturday behind to boats just like that... We went exploring but quickly realized too many people were fishing and didn't want to make anyone mad that were up fishing the shallows in Upper Greens...

We came straight out of Greens and headed for Harbor Walk were off the water around Noonish (we launched at Teakwood)

After hunting there were two guys fishing in the barge canal... They watched us come up on plane and start heading there way... I kept the speed up and as soon as we cleared the mouth to the deep water I pulled the motor starboard and sent us into a nice spin out ! One kick @$$ ride !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                        I'm not sure about West, but Burnet just gets too much traffic on weekends.
                        Actually...I believe the conditions were too good yesterday. Hopefully Baffin isn't going to be dead like G-Bay right now.
                        Sunday was a slow day on the water for us as well... Birds were working bait fish near the blind but no takers on topwater or soft plastics...

Its fun setting down your shotgun reeling in a small speck from the boat blind and then having to quickly pick up your gun & fire 3 shots!

Halls Bayou Ranch guys didn't put any hunting pressure on Sunday but were for sure out in force on Saturday.

Comment

I must have just missed seeing you-prolly was casting then. Spin out! That sounds like fun-so your boat handles like an old El Pescador!!! No chines?

FoF: Good luck down in Baffin-get a biggun!

Comment

It has the same hull as an airboat... Its all smooth allows you to slide easier over the mud!

Comment

Working...
                            X