Window has opened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window has opened!

Sunday looks like I'll be going for Snapper. Free Diving only probably unless swells keep dying down with the high pressure moving in... If you want to buddy boat or hitch a ride let me know. We'll go out ~25 miles and drop down on some rigs for some nice snapper then head back in. Just going for Snapper may troll on way out for kings.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

One of these days I am going to take you up on the offer. I have always wanted to jump in and spear a fish. Do you need any special license to free dive?
    NoBama

Comment

Coe do you have extra gear if I can convince the wife?

Comment

I don't have an extra gun but you can fish while I pull up snapper for us... I don't have spare gear other than a snorkel and mask...

Spare fins and stuff are all at storage unit parents just moved so its a huge mess over there. I'd really suggest fins currents will be bad after the storm until everything relaxes back out.

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
          One of these days I am going to take you up on the offer. I have always wanted to jump in and spear a fish. Do you need any special license to free dive?
          No just a fishing license. You should be able to identify fish underwater you don't want to shoot something your not supposed to...

Comment

How long do you usualy stay under free diving? I have eye balled a few spear guns on ebay in the past and have been wanting to try it at least once. I can only imagine what it felt like when you speared your first fish free diving.
            Last edited by PasadenaMan; June 30, 2010, 10:10 AM.
            NoBama

Comment

1 minute for me cause I don't typically free dive... As I get more relaxed and drop more & more that time can usually go into the 2 minute range. There are some people that I go with that can stay down for over 3 minutes which I struggle with especially at depth.

Comment

Do you only gun it or will a sling work too? I have snorkel gear and a sling just no gun.

Of course that could change if anyone knows of a good used one???
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                X