Trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling motor

I am thinking of adding a bow trolling motor to my 21' Tidewater CC. Any opinions on which brand? My dealer recommended 80 lb. 60" shaft 24 volt. Both Minnkota and Motorguide seem to make a saltwater version. Should I let the dealer install? I think they quoted $1,100 installed from where I bought it-Sport Marine in Richmond.

Dick

Mine is a 36volt on a 23' with just over 100ft lbs. My last one was a 86lb 24 volt on a 20" boat. Although both got the job done the 36 volt can troll longer and boat control is easier in slightly choppy water. Who knows... could be all in my head.

Comment

I gotta 36 volt Great White 104 lbs. of thrust... Does a good yob for me... LOL
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Get a 36V if you can.

Comment

I'd stick with the 85# 24 volt. It'll do the job and one less battery to buy and maintain......and Minn Kota 52".
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Minn Kota over the Motorguide. Any boat over 20' I would recommend a 36v.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              I'd stick with the 85# 24 volt. It'll do the job and one less battery to buy and maintain......and Minn Kota 52".
              X2. Nothing wrong with a 36, but the 24 will do the job with that boat and it's cheaper to buy and maintain.
              Honk if you love Jesus.
              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Yes to above.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I use a MInn Kota 72" 85lb 24v on a 24ft Bay Stealth skiff witha 18" dead rise bow and works fine. A bit slower but works well.
                  Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Working...
                  X