Tourneys comming up!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourneys comming up!!!!!!

A couple of local Galvez tourneys are fixing to get underway for any of you ladies that want in on the action........ I'm fishing both so come on and donate to the pot!!!!!!!

AQUA PIMP

AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Sorry AP, can't do it. I'd hate to take your money! Just kidding. Looks like fun though.

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I am getting things together for our Big Ugly Tournament as well coming in march
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        I am getting things together for our Big Ugly Tournament as well coming in march

Whats the big ugly tournament? Are we gonna do any W.E.A. tournaments this year?
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Big Ugly = Black Drum and yes its a W.E.A. Tournament 3rd Annual Tournament for Black Drum... The first year Blackbeard (Cody), Unclehandy (Cory) & Myself took 1st place with 24 Black Drum Boated and Released weighing in for a total of 1000+ LBS!!

2nd Year- Crappieman and his buddy won... The Robalo had a fuel filter clog and would not come up on plane...

1st year since the club was still very young we did total combined weight of all fish caught... A picture and Boca Grips were required...

I'm not sure how I want to structure this tournament but I've already been in contact with Billy Stix and he wants to help sponsor it!

Comment

Let me know when-pretty sure I'll have several boats full of entries (not winners, just entrants!!). I hope the CG don't stop me again like last year-very pleasant and nice, but took almost 45 minutes doing the inspection at the N Jetty-computer problems-pulled up right when 1 rod was bumping and I had to reel in for them. Boy was I hungover also and had just opened a "cure" for the hangover (and was prolly still drunk from night before) and felt it best to dump that drink before they came along side.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Quick, gimme a beer, this one's almost empty.
              Haha, I like that Robalo. Sounds like a great time. I guess I'll have to enter if I am in town.

MM

Semper Fi!

Comment

Its a fun tournament and we'll have prizes etc... Entries will help payouts etc... Nothing costly maybe $20 / person? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Its a fun tournament and we'll have prizes etc... Entries will help payouts etc... Nothing costly maybe $20 / person? Thoughts?
                  Not sure that I want to take my boat to the jettys or not.....I may hop on with you or Tiny.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Sounds good to me-on a weekend? Days off during week are hard to come by. Where would the hdqtrs be? Your house Coe or where? Rules?-just there to have fun and imbibe. I'd prolly run from Jam Beach or trailer to GYB (I hate trailering the boat), hopefully gas will stay somewhat cheap and pretty sure it won't be $4/gal this year!! We NEVER have caught 24 drum in a day-that is GREAT-geez what are you using-dynamite!!???? Last year-we picked a bad day for my buds (about 8 of us get together and we call it "How ya be holdin yer mouf" tournament)-we do it for fun only-was pretty cold and we ran real late (about 2 pm) and the drum bite was slow-got 1 bull red and 3 drum. We use cracked crabs, tru-turn worm hooks with 30-40# mono leader, 1 to 2 (maybe 3) oz of barrel weight and a barrel swivel-I rarely use those double drop snapper rigs-maybe that's why we don't kill them? Fish about 2/3rds down on channel side of N Jetty or on gulf side by old barge.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I don't go past the GYB unless I have too We'd try to have it at a West Bay Location maybe somewhere in Pirates or over in Offats at Boudreaux or Ray's on the Bayou whatever its called now...

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        Not sure that I want to take my boat to the jettys or not.....I may hop on with you or Tiny.
                        Mike, I don't go past Sea Wolf Park... I still catch 'em!

Comment

Big ugly tournament? Bet Aqua Pimp could win that with artificials only lol

Comment

dont forget that billystix custom rods will be a sponsor for this big ugly tourney for sure, i will get with coe and we will come up with a great prize you can bet your "bigugly" on that
                            oh i got it i could build the ""big ugly stix" but we need a vote so you best give that some thought ""spin or spiral" what do ya think coe??
                            "the big ugly"
                            stix
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS; January 20, 2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                              Im in the same boat as you, no pun intended! I probably wont take my boat either but I think I may have access to a few that would do fine dear the jetties and big water. I think it will be a good time. Coe, let me know if you need any help with anything when it gets closer. Ill be there as long as I aint working like right now!!

MM

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                              X