Will i have a problem with out of state boat&motor titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i have a problem with out of state boat&motor titles

I'm thinking about buying a boat in louisana. Will i have any problem or pay extra to transfer boat and motor titles.I'm told they have clear titles for both..thanks
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

I know the deal didn't go through, but in case anyone else has this question, I'll answer. Boats and motors in Louisiana are not titled. Only trailers are titled. Boats are registered with the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, but motors are not. Motors in La. are like guns. There is a serial number, but there is no record/title/registration for them.

You need to either do a full bill of sale for the boat and motor or fill out the TPWD forms for a boat and motor as well as the form where you etch the serial numbers onto the paper. They now let you photograph instead of etching as that can be a real pain in the behind. For the trailer, a full bill of sale is all that is needed, but make sure you get the title.

When you get it all the Texas, take the boat/motor paperwork to a TPWD office and take the trailer paperwork to your county tax office.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
    X