Mila & Sadie share the honors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mila & Sadie share the honors...

Cody (Blackbeard) & I went out Saturday and hunted near Karankawa Lake. We shot 4 should have had more it was his 2nd time out this season and my first time. Sadie was itching to go and was steady the whole day. Her blinds need some work but that's been my fault for not taking her out to a larger field to train. We shot 3 teal and a widgeon. Saw hundreds of birds. It was our first time hunting North of the ICW and it was amazing to say the least. Halls Bayou Ranch guys kept the birds moving for us. Sunday they were not there and birds were dropping over the levees and passing shots seemed to be the name of the game... We picked up Saturday around 9:30 and Sunday around 9:15. Skunked Sunday but it was nice to get out there. I think the cold front hindered our success on Sunday the winds changed 30 minutes after laying out the spread and I kicked myself the rest of the day watching birds land on the other side of the pond...

Oh well better luck next time, here are some pics.
    Attached Files
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

More photos...
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking dogs and boat!

Comment

Pretty cool. Looks like the dogs were loving it.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Yah Sadie was loving it.. 1st time she's been able to get out this year me included... Sunday she was so upset with our shooting... we missed two that buzzed us real fast and they were the only ducks that came remotely close.

Comment

I hunted last Wednesday (1/15) in Liberty at a private club/company deal. I sure could have used your boat and dogs-paddled about 500 yards through swamp, waded another 200 yards in muck looking for downed birds (no dog). It was not a "Gentlemen's Hunt" to say the least-I was expecting to be guided and dropped at blind. Was beautiful, lots of birds (mainly ringnecks) and mainly pass shooting, sandhills flying within 70 yards, geese (specks and closed of course) flying close. Lost several ducks-lost one about 10' away-dang thing dove down and must've grabbed reeds and died. Did get a family of nutria. I remembered why I hadn't duck hunted in almost ten years-that hangover Wednesday morning at 4:30 am (after 3.5 hours of sleep) was BAD, temp was 29 degrees and took Polaris atv at 40 mph down levy for a mile-after I sold a buick in the parking lot, I felt much better. Did enjoy the hunt, just was a lot tougher than others (maybe it was the 16 beers Tuesday night).

Love your pics!! Dogs look happy as heck. Nice greenwings. I got blues-like the greenwings better-sure are pretty duckies.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks, Sadie's my lab... Just got word my new puppy was born on the 16th. Aimee will soon be joining the West End Waterfowling family

Comment

Thats a good looking pair of dogs there! Just need the "yeller" lab to make the trifecta! Decided on any names yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
                  Thats a good looking pair of dogs there! Just need the "yeller" lab to make the trifecta! Decided on any names yet?
                  "Aimee" - I think I'm going to run her in hunt tests depending upon her ability...

Comment

Working...
                  X