Wed @ Mosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed @ Mosses

Meet up with a co-worker this morning to make a quick run a bout to Skitter Island. We were launching out of the Fish Spot and the owner came out of his RV and was telling us the Flood Gate was closed and about the storms coming in today. Yes we knew about the storms but the gate closing was a surprise...
    It was Robert's first trip back to the salt water in some years and my plan was to run the shoreline to mosquito Island. But now it looked like just a day @ Mosses, which would have been fine b/c of the bad weather coming. We told him all would be ok and would keep a eye in the sky.

Made it out to the gate and anchored up, since it was Robert's return to the salt I armed him with some Croaks. He starting pitching them critters to the bottom and getting hung up, figured they were just running and hiding in the rocks from the fish. His line snapped a few times and I told him I had more tackle in my tackle box....... Well where is my tackle box? Dumb *** me forgot to load it up in the boat. , so we had to do battle with what we had..
    I had made up an extra pole for him with a egg sinker/leader and hook and told him to use it. I casted out my one and only Limetruse BA and wham, nice T @ 24" , again, again, again, again, again, again. Robert was able to free up his snags but not popping the fish. Finally he get's his ( 1 ) T, by now it's nearly 0900 and the skies were really looking angry. A few close by thunder boomers and I said to pull anchor, Bud Lite and Hamburger time. Made it in just in time, boat trailered up and the bottom fell out of the sky.. Cats - Dogs, you name it.
    A couple cold beers there with the owner and he's ready to close for the day so no hamburger. A trip to hooters turn out to be a better plan , cold beer and hooters, yee haw!
    Total 7 nice T's, 24-17. All fat and full of eggs!!

Oops Pic's:
    Attached Files

Comment

Those are some nice fish!! Thanks for the report!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

nice!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Very nice Walt! WTG!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Way to get out there Bluewave.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice,congrats
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice thanks for the report!
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks to all,
                      Please remember to watch the sky and get out way before it's to late. Chip and I found out the hard way last year in Trinity. Strongest on the water Storm I've ever been through. Getting to think about it, it was in July on a Tues...

That poor BA was tore up for sure, had to keep cutting back on the head. A couple more cuts and the jig head would have been longer than the plastic. But they keep on hammer'n it:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dude don't let the freash water lies run you off this weekend. head east.

Comment

I was going to post up the other day but there have been some nice catch's coming out of moses...opps cat's out of the bag.......nice mess of spec's bluewater.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                          X