Goin to Belize!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goin to Belize!

I'm friggin stoked! We just booked our honeymoon in Belize this week for the first week of May. The fishing there is supposed to be bad-@$$! I've been looking into it...think I'm going to do a guided flat fishing trip on a skiff and a deeper trip out to the reef. That was the condition if she was going to make me go down there for 7 nights. The prices seem to be really affordable based on the limited research I've done so far. Hopefully, I'll have a bunch of pics when i get back. I'm so fired up!

I've only been surfing there but it is a bad arse place. We'll need some pics of her too.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Should be a wonderful trip! If you go Deep Sea you might get some Sail Fish
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I hope so bud. I'm stoked for the bone fishing on the flats and landing something big out on the reef. What's cool is that the reef is only about a mile out, so there's no 3 hour boat ride to get out deep like in Galveston.
        Last edited by WestEndAngler; January 23, 2009, 11:34 AM. Reason: Don't feed the trolls!!!!

Comment

Have a great time !
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Have a great trip and yes bring back pics-fishing should be good-lots of barracuda also in the shallows-be careful about ciguatera. Snorkeling is great-buy one of those plastic $7 cameras for underwater shots of the reef fish.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Excellent... this thread is back on topic...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

ha ha...yeah, it went south momentarily, but it got turned around.

Comment

Where are you staying ? Amergris Caye? I love it down there,and yes the fishing can be good. I also highly recommend the jungle tour to either zip line and do the cave tubing as an alternate excursion. Take the boat ride over, its only an hour and the guides will give you a history lesson about Belize, and serve rum punch.
                  Do a guided flats trip for tarpon, bones and permit. Ironically, this was the only thing I didn't do and could kick my self for it. I also didn't do the Blue Hole trip because I'd been there before in the 70's, but heard it was good. They take you over to an island and feed you afterwards. Plus serve rum punch!
                  I used an underwater digital camera(Optio Pentax) and it did really well. Most hotel have yaks you can use to get to the reef. Once you find the tie up location swim out to the reef and don't stay near the yak. If you do, you'll miss the better part of the reef and sights. This was what I found most tourist were doing wrong that had never been before.
                  Stay away from the expensive restaurant on the North end of the island, sorry but I can't remember its name, but it was way over priced for what it was. Ramons had good grouper, as did alot of the smaller restaurants in town. I pretty much just ate grouper the whole time I was there...it was that good and fresh. Don't forget to try it with Marie Sharps habenaro sauce. That was some good stuff too!
                  The other thing that is essential....a good swimming pool. Trust me on this one.

Heres a few pics of where we stayed, on the reef, and cave tubing...got any more questions give me a shout. Congrats on thewedding.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by FlatoutFishin; January 24, 2009, 09:47 PM.
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Forgot the pool shot!
                    Attached Files
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks buddy, awesome tips and pics. I'm all over the guided flats fishing. I want to take a stab at fly fishing. That cave tubing trip sounds killer. I'll probably have some questions for you as the trip gets closer. Thanks for the congrats.

Comment

Working...
                      X