First time to East bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time to East bay

Going surf fishing in matty Friday. Any tips. Good first time poles? bait? spots?

I guess we should get the pvc rod holders, Home Depot 3-4 feet long?

I have been reading and talking to some of my buddies that go fishing and i have a good general start. Just wanted to see if any of you folk could add a little.

Also I have a tudra CrewMax (no 4x4) think I can make it onto the beach somewhere or dont do it?

The beach sand is in much better shape after all the rain and TS high tides. You will be fine in your truck as of last week. They scrape the first couple of miles of it weekly also. I would be leary of any deep ruts though.

Comment

3 mile lake area is always good. if you can make it down to the shell banks, that's usually really good. i find my tundra not to be too good in matagorda sand. i've stuck it a couple of times. make sure you have a tow strap in case.
      michelle

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
        3 mile lake area is always good. if you can make it down to the shell banks, that's usually really good. i find my tundra not to be too good in matagorda sand. i've stuck it a couple of times. make sure you have a tow strap in case.
        michelle
        lurefisher owns 3 mile
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          lurefisher owns 3 mile

He sure does cause I sold it to him.. 2 years ago...

Comment

Gosh dernit ,I get a peace of land from Sneeky then everybody starts posting about it ,if anybody needs a tour of my spot just let me know.Bring a 30 pack and thats it you will leave me with fish and be happy.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I'm pretty sure you need a beach permit there. beware of that
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
              X