X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay report 1/25

West Galveston Bay report
    1/25/09

Well this week the fishing was pretty good under some very nice weather conditions. Atleast up until yesterday when the front pushed through.
    Most of the week we concentrated our efforts working coves along the south shoreline in West Bay. Wading soft mud in water from 2' to 4' throwing anything from Bass Assassins to topwaters has produced. With the warming trend late in the week we starting finding some more aggressive Trout and Reds willing to bust a topwater worked very slow. The coves have been steady producing Trout on plastics and several nice Flounder per outing. When the conditions have been right, we have found several Trout in the mid 20's to 28". Upper West Bay is still producing Trout drifting the mud streaks in the middle of the bay near North Deer, Confederate, and Meacoms. Though the bite in my opinion hasn't been on fire yet as it was this time last year.

TIGHT LINES
    AQUA PIMP

A few pics from the last week or so
    Attached Files
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Thanks for the report. Kind of what I'm planning this Tuesday after work. South winds will be back and hopefully a little water.
    Appreciate keeping us up on your efforts!

FoF
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good report AP!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sweet AP. I'm just gonna start following you around and potlick the crap outta you.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Man looks like your on some solid fish! Can't wait to break in that new rod at matagorda. come on march...

Comment

Nice catching and report.Congrats
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report AP-nice pics and fish-especially like the one splashing in what looks like 6"-8" of water. Cool.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That guy in the boat in the flounder pic looks like a real potlicker......
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Yah... I've seen him snatch trout off my stringer before where you been MuddSkipp??
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Of all the years I've been fishing, that was my first winter time topwater trout. Thanks for the memories.... sure wish I didn't miss that big one.

Comment

Nice catchin' there Pimp. I have been wondering where you been!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!

NOOOO POTLICKING DA PIMP!

Ceeque had a he!! of a Trout on Saturday morning before the front hit. Probably 27 maybe 28". Bent the hooks out of his Super Spook jr LOL. Two cast later he had the 23 or 24" Trout that is in the picture which was released. After the front hit Saturday we made a grind of it picking up 7 or 8 Trout to 21" with 1 keeper Red. It was a tough bite on the south shoreline after the front hit no doubt.

I'm still around Chip LOL. Just been busy busy with the fish and dealing with a motor that I blew up on the water Wednesday LOL. I fried my Optimax on the Kenner Wednesday so I had to steal the Blackjack the rest of the week. Mine should have the new powerhead back on it by this Wed. Hopefully LOL.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks man great help!!!

Comment

Ahhhhhh motor troubles...that sucks! Finally got my chit, I mean boat back and going in the A.M. and try some of that SS cove action. AP, you've inspired me!
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              Ahhhhhh motor troubles...that sucks! Finally got my chit, I mean boat back and going in the A.M. and try some of that SS cove action. AP, you've inspired me!
                              Hmmmmm.......I haven't heard my phone ring yet.
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X