lower galv bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower galv bay

i uprooted ttu wader from his usual west bay surroundings and we hit lower galveston bay for some wading. we checked out campbells but didn't see any bait so kept on going. we checked sand island out for a bit and found plenty of bait but no fish. water was looking better so we kept on going and bailed out on the dollar reef shoreline. alex strung a nice 21, 3.5 lb trout on a plastic then another 22 inch 4 lber on a topwater. he had several more pull off. i lost a few and finally strung a 23 1/2 , 4.5 lb on a strawberry/white plastic. we played w/ some huge lady fish under the birds and called it a day w/ three nice fat trout.
    julie and i headed back friday armed w/ some bait after watching the guys w/ live bait really tearing em up thursday. i had a couple of blow ups on top and strung a nice 22 inch, 4 lb fish on a bone she dawg. the bite died down so i switched to live bait and strung a beautiful 25inch, 5.75 lb trout. 5 trout in 2 days, smallest was 3.5 lbs. we found the birds working and played w/ the lady fish on topwaters for awhile. on our way back around the pelican island bridge, we saw some birds working and some jackfish busting up. we chased them and julie landed a monster gafftop, at least 8 lbs. then a whole school of gafftop surfaced, at least 15 to 20 w/ their sail fins sticking out of the water. i've never seen that before, it was kind of cool. i hooked a jack but it broke off. another fun day on the bay.
    Attached Files

Nice trips Michelle.....good looking trout!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice catch. The gafftop sounds big enough to enter the Star tournament.
      don't lose the big one, change your line.
      Sushidog6

Comment

Those are some Nice looking Trout

Comment

Very Nice!!! WTG!!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

went back today. one tiny blow up on a topwater. very slow. found the a-hole of the day. he came within 15 feet of julie while she was wading a reef. crunched the reef then threw out his anchor. amazing. 'matagorda blues' was the name of the boat.
            home by ten w/ an empty box.
            m

Comment

That one fish you're holding is very nice.

That's why i hate a summer weekend down there...makes me not even want to go.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for sharing Michelle! It probably was not that difficult to uproot TTU! Dude luvs fishing!
                Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Way to go Michelle!! Nice report and very nice fish!!

Comment

Jerks seem to be every where, ones like that make me wish I had a gun on me. Better luck next time.
                    don't lose the big one, change your line.
                    Sushidog6

Comment

Nice report, Michelle, nice catches...

Comment

Great report Michelle....Love the pic!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

WOW, those are some fine trout. Great job Michelle and Alex!

Comment

Working...
                          X