Lower Galveston Bay 07.16.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Galveston Bay 07.16.10

This morning I was able to get on the water for the first time in three weeks. Today was a tough one for me. I didn't string my first fish until noon, but finished the day at 2:00 with five trout to 21". The bite today was not very aggressive; it was very subtle. As a result, I had a lot of missed opportunities. All fish were caught on free-lined piggy perch in about 3 feet of water.

JQ
    Attached Files

Nice catch JQ!!! You have the patience of Job to stick it out without a bite til noon. It paid off though, and it sounds like the bait trap is working just fine. Glad to know you found some piggies instead of the usual pinfish.

Comment

Atleast you finally got out there again. We sure could have used a little more tidal movement yesterday. When I passed you yesterday by the Dike, I was heading in to drop off 1 dad and one very sick kid. He was a trooper but an upset stomach finally got the best of him. Good seeing you out there James

aqua pimp
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice report! Thanks!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

You braved the heat and got to take some home! Thanks for the report!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice going!!

Comment

AP,

I realized I left my Ego wading net in the bed of my truck and I was concerned that someone would steal it so I ran all the way back to the ramp. When I passed you guys near the dike, I was on my way back out. It sure will be nice when the dike reopens. Good seeing you as well. We need to hook up and fish together again soon. By the way, your new rig is nice.
              Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
              Atleast you finally got out there again. We sure could have used a little more tidal movement yesterday. When I passed you yesterday by the Dike, I was heading in to drop off 1 dad and one very sick kid. He was a trooper but an upset stomach finally got the best of him. Good seeing you out there James

aqua pimp
              Last edited by -JQ-; July 17, 2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

we caught our trout later to on sat.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice job on a hot day for sure!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

My bite came midday as well right after the wind switched

Comment

Great report....Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                      X