1/23, 1/24 and 1/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/23, 1/24 and 1/25

Saw Kenny Friday evening-Hi Kenny! Me and a buddy were at my "Dink Hole" and caught a bunch of throwbacks, 3 small keeper trout and 1 22" red (live shrimp)-brother, his son and my neighbor were anchored next to us-they caught a few dinks, no keepers. Friday night played poker til 1 am. Slowly got moving Saturday (my haid hurt from the beer and poker losses) and woke up to 20+ winds from NNE and some rain. Crossed bay to North Shoreline and made a short drift, nada, moved to Green's freezing our a$$es off-another short drift-WEA-Coe must have missed us by 15 minutes-nada. Went into ICW and headed towards Green's lake-my neighbor was already in there and saw him coming out just when we were about to go into lake, he caught drum and small stuff, so we decided to hit Barge canal and Neighbor went to Carancahua cut-water was ripping out of Carancahua Lake into Barge canal and bait was jumping-had a couple of hits-small stuff. Was almost noon and 2 of 3 of us were cold-the other guy had his longhandles on-no wonder he wasn't shivering! Brother and his son and son's friend were about 10 minutes behind us-they saw neighbor at Carancahua and tried it also-nada. We then headed west towards Chocolate and tried some spoils-nada, so headed in for lunch. Saturday am total= ZERO. Went back out Saturday eve-dressed warmer and decided NOT to go north-too rough and cold, so fished by dink spot and caught 3 more small keepers, a ray, a rat red and bunch of dinks. In at dark. Sunday am-same plan-1 14 3/4 trout throwback and nothing else. Can't wait for warm weather. Also, got my new Billystix rod at 1:30 Friday at office, but had left at 1, so didn't get to try it out, dang it. Work called and said your rod's here!! Opened it up this am-neat looking rod-can't wait to use it-gonna put a chron on it.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Sounds like a good time out on the water. Hey only 1 fish to clean isn't too bad

I always have a hard time fishing in the few days after a front. Buddy of mine fished near Starvation cove on Friday night and got a few slot drum, nothing on Sat. morning.

Comment

Nice report.
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report, Yan & I didn't see many trout at the Teakwood ramp. A few were being switched into different ice boxes but for the most part everyone on the water that day knew the hunting had been better than the fishing... The front fooled me I thought it wouldn't push through until at least around noon. We got caught in the rain heading back down the ICW but it never really came down hard so we were able to push through the cold rain and make our way back....
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report. Sounds like a tough couple of days. Dang winter fishing

I've been in West Bay recently but I haven't made it to Caranchua in probably 2 years. I thought I had heard somewhere that the cut is closed...is that true? Because a couple years ago on a high tide or mild low tide I could trim up and slowly put through there. Also did that house there make it through the hurricane? I always thought that would be the coolest place to have a house....a true "Bayhouse" haha
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Cut is still there-my boats can't make it through though-last year (pre-Ike) I could putt through on a good high tide. Houses are still there (I think -wasn't paying much attention when running by).
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X