SLP-Night Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP-Night Trout

My fishing buds headed out after dark with generator, 2 par 64s. After about 40 trout, they quit counting. Threw rattle traps all night, said so much bait you could hand net off side of boat. At dawn, headed out pass, and landed 2 keeper reds on mullet. Headed home 30min after dawn.

Any reports on canal fishing at night, have not had my yak out a night, and would like to beat this heat?

Were they getting mostly keeper fish in those lights or throwbacks?

Only place that has fish in the canals is Tiki, better go there.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

He said they had to weed out a limit of keepers, each.

Comment

My buddy "stellas man" is inviting me to go out and stay overnite with gen/lights at the pass beach side next weekend.....you think its worth the haul ?

Comment

Any time at the pass is worth it. But if they aint there, head to tiki.

Comment

stingray: get with me later next weekend and i can get yall into the slp rv park or come meet up with you again since i live down there now

Comment

Canal fishing has been slow, I am seeing lots of dink and even they are not hitting.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

we've got good fish in the bayou vista lights, but they really don't hit. you can hear em busting shad up and down the canal so i'm sure they have a buffet of bait to choose from.
                michelle

Comment

Dinks lately in my canal, I heard that the Jamaica canals have been hawt.
                  "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                  boom

Comment

There is a good amount of lights on the dickinson shoreline, caught more dinks than u can count there last summer, but haven't been back yet this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                      Dinks lately in my canal, I heard that the Jamaica canals have been hawt.
                      Nothing going on in the Jamaica Beach Canals.

Sounds like they are all in Tiki and Bayou Vista.
                      Honk if you love Jesus.
                      Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Matt,

You couldn't catch a cold. Get your head down and work. Remember I'll be fishing while you're working. lol

Comment

Just remember who netted and took that picture of that red you're holding John. Plus, you'll probably need the next three weeks to catch up with me this summer anyway. Have fun.

Comment

yall setting up lights on the shore or from the boat?

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X