Quick Report 7/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Report 7/24

Launched at dollar and was at a spot on the south shoreline at 6:15 bailing off in the water. Had a good topwater bite but they were all dinks. Those little trout were hitting it like piranhas. Scratched out a 20 and a 15 and decided to move on to find bigger fish. The next spot turned out to be a bust and I was mad we left the first. Might could've grinded a few more keepers out. The rest of the morning was spent drifting among the parking lots over shell. Bite was slow at best. Picked up one more keeper around 18 and a couple sandtrout. Had a few pull offs but that was it. I think too much boat traffic. I dislike weekend fishing

Water is sandy green and clearing. Wind was almost nonexistant early and then came from the east blowing 6-8. Beautiful day for sure. We took a long boatride after fishing just enjoying the weather.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

The morning bite was weak.. We will get them in a few days when there isn't a million boats out on the water

Comment

I blame it on slack tides. There was basically no water movement. I think thats why our reef bite sucked
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

thanks for the report
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

On a side note, can you still launch at the old Dollar Point Marina? I know a guy bought it a few years back and closed the marina but still let people launch there. Thanks.

Comment

yes you can, pm sent. sorry it took so long. I havent been on in a few days
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Working...
            X