Surf 7/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 7/26

Fished this morning for about an hour after the storms moved North. It was still green and pretty sporty but not too bad. The seaweed was THE problem No matter what I threw or where or how far out I cast I caught seaweed. It's not in big mats but about palm sized and generally scattered. I had one blow up......
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

good job getting out there.thanks for the report
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I woke up at 4 this morning and looked at the computer and saw it looked a little rough. I'm glad I went back to sleep. Thanks for the report
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Never know unless you go!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

A bad of fishing is better than an OK day at work.

Comment

Fished this morning as well in the surf down on the west end. Water where I was was dirty, only about 6" visibility and tons of seaweed. Got 7 on a she dog but nearly every cast was hung up in the seaweed. Looked like the water cleaned up a lot more as you got closer to the seawall. Might try to get out again in the morning just not sure where yet.

Comment

You should have come down my way Kenny. No weeds and it was on again. Better fish today also. About 10:00 someone turned the switch off.
              "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
              boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                You should have come down my way Kenny. No weeds and it was on again. Better fish today also. About 10:00 someone turned the switch off.
                Yeah that switch & someone was the boss man coming into my office flipping on the lights & saying... WAKE UP!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Yeah that switch & someone was the boss man coming into my office flipping on the lights & saying... WAKE UP!
                  Well there's your problem, you need to get a job as the boss.
                  "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                  boom

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
                    Fished this morning as well in the surf down on the west end. Water where I was was dirty, only about 6" visibility and tons of seaweed. Got 7 on a she dog but nearly every cast was hung up in the seaweed. Looked like the water cleaned up a lot more as you got closer to the seawall. Might try to get out again in the morning just not sure where yet.
                    dPop, any size to the fish?
                    I guess I should have given it another hour or switched locations. It was just easier to go have breakfast.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

They were all in the 17-21" range

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
                        They were all in the 17-21" range
                        I was feeling guilty for quitting this morning so I went this evening about 7:00. A little before 8:00 it turned on and I caught five on chrt.prl/chrt Shedog. The tide was O U T and the surf still pretty sporty. The seaweed was still there but less of a problem.
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

So if I were to give this wading thing a try, am I better off to try on the beach side or the inside? Thanks for the tips.

Comment

What did the water look like Kenny?
                            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

The water was murky green and still some seaweed on almost every cast. WE had a light South wind all night and it's 8mph S. right now, so it might be sandy this morning......and then there are the storms around.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X