Rookies get lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookies get lucky

WDegenhart and I took his 21 ft Regulator out of SLP this weekend. Never fishing offshore in Texas before we spent most of the Saturday getting a feel for the area. We ended up with one nice King and a few strikes. Sunday was a different story. We got out early and immediately started catching fish. We caught 8 kings, 2 sharks and 1 foul hooked trigger. The bigger kings hit live trolled Hardtails and the smaller ones hit 30+ divers trolled pretty fast. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Saturday was big rollers with no chop and Sunday had smaller waves but with chop. Hit a few weedlines with no sucess. The only bad thing was my seven year old didn't make the trip Sunday. I love fishing inshore but the offshore is pretty addicting.
    Attached Files

nice trip and catching.congrats.bet the little one is hooked now
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Homepage image!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

congrats. how far out were yall?
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice Job Fellas!!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

It was a really fun trip on Sunday & we can't thank everyone enough for your advice!!!

Brad was nice enough to offer to lead us out of SLP, but he suggested that we launch in the pass in lieu of trying to wind our way to the pass from one of the other marinas. We made it out of the pass with no problem thanks to help!

We caught most of our fish between 30-40 miles out. There were fish all the way between there. There was a nice rip right around the 40 mile mark, but we decided to bottom fish a wreck rather than troll the rip. It wasn't blue water, but it was very clean water in that area.

We didn't do anything bottom fishing the wreck which really surprised me because there was tons of bait and fish blowing up on the sonar. I guess it was small bait stealer type stuff??? Funny thing is we dropped a few things down on the rigs and didn't get any AJ or Red Snapper which amazed me because other areas I have fished with similar conditions have been loaded with Snapper.

I'm here in Galveston all week, so if anyone wants to make a trip, I need some deckhand/fisherman type folks to accompany and help reel in fish and cover gas. Send me a note if you want to go.

Thanks again for the help. Will
              Last edited by Realvestor; July 26, 2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

nice trip, live bait works wonders

Comment

wtg.. I remember my rookie days.. Heck man, on some things offshore, we are all still rookies..

Comment

That was nice of Brad and Mark to help ya thru the pass. I told ya someone would help!! WTG!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job..congrats.
                      They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Working...
                      X