Tourney Heads up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourney Heads up...

Your feedback and input is appreciated!!

Just a little heads up that we are working the details out on the Black Drum Tournament. As it stands right now it will start Saturday February 28, 2009 and end one month later on the last Saturday in March. Partly because I have plans and will not be able to make the awards ceremony etc.

I have contacted the same artist who did the Flounder Restocking Lutes Marine Tourney up in Chocolate for all those that were there...

I am looking for companies / individual owners etc. that might want to donate something for the silent auction...

BillyStiX Custom Rods has expressed interest in wanting to help sponor the event. I am thrilled to have someone on here like Billy.

I need to get with HookSet, Texas Outdoors Journal and Saltwater Assault and see if they'd be interested in donating things as well. A percentage of the money will go back into West Bay related efforts, clean-ups, restocking etc.

Cost of the tourney will be roughly $20 +/- per angler. You'll have to register on the website and pay before fishing... We'll have PayPal and registration forms you can complete them online, checks will be accepted. No deadline for registration it will go until the last day (awards ceremony). Anyone is welcome too, this is a relaxing 1 month long tournament designed to get kids out fishing with the adults. Certain rules will be implimented and I am working on the payouts so more anglers are covered but we'll see...

No place is locked down yet but maybe Causeway Bait & Tackle as a weigh station for the event... Also a venue for holding the awards ceremony.

Let me know your thoughts and input I am open to suggestions and remember... this is OUR Tournament!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Saltwater Assault is in for a donation for sure. I would donate a trip but I know first hand this is a pretty hard drinking crowd so I might be better off donating alcohol

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I'll tell you what......I'll donate the labor for a 10'x15' concrete patio or equivalent square footage for a side walk or driveway. If that'll do any good.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'm in. You know Uglies do have a slot.

Comment

Were going to run 2 tournaments... 1 either 2 week or 1 month long tourney for the largest drum and then one for slot... still finalizing details...

Comment

For the 1 or 2 day, keeper drum tourney, I will donate my time and equipment (digital scale and measure board) as weigh master for the tournament. If, for some reason, I am not available, I will Loan out my equipment to a WEA member. (With a $200 deposit that is. )

Comment

Thanks Tiny! I'm still trying to lock down a place... anyone got any contacts? Places to host it?

Comment

How long should the slot tourney be? 1 day or a 2 day Tourney?? 6AM til 2PM must be in like by 3PM? results at 4? I was thinking about a 1 day for the slot tournament...

Comment

First Floor Breezeway at The Waterman Pirates Cove looks like a good possibility. I called one of the owners today and we can get it. Coe check your mail.

Comment

Thanks for your help! I received your e-mail and will be calling him shortly.

Comment

I like the 1 day tourney idea for slots-Waterman's is a good place for it-very convenient. Also West Bay Marina (or whatever those crazy girls call it now) down at Sea Isle-That's where I hold the H.A.P.L. Trucha del Mar Tourney (Landman Tourney).
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I am in this one for sure.
                        They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Working...
                        X