1/27/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/27/09

Fished west bay south shoreline from Jam Beach west a couple of miles. Bait was almost non existent and wind was howling. Did not get but a single bump in 3 hours.
    Rough day out there.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Hate to hear that since I just got back in town and am gonna be fishing hard for the next couple weeks. Hopefully in a few days after this front things will turn around.

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Chip, on those rough days, I usually work myself back into the coves... Trout are holding near docks and the cuts especially on the backside of the geo-tubes...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I went that afternoon with a buddy of mine to hopefully get into some drum and sheephead before the front blew through.

It was pretty nice off the Sportsman's reef where we fished. I got a bunch of dinks including black and red drum and a speck on dead shrimp (that's a first for me). Kept several magnum croaker for the table.

My buddy kept two black drum and some big croaker too.

There were boats drifting all up and down the Sportsman's/Confederate area. I saw a good amount of bait and some looked a bit nervous. Would have been a good time to try for some specks but that's not what we were there for.

Comment

One other thing that was nice is that the slime wasn't as bad as it was last week.

Comment

Bummer on the skunk.Its almost spring
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good try IMHammer. I am already a seasoned member of the "Skunked Club". Welcome bud. Just like most everything else-it'll get better soon.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

We waded several coves and found NADA. just one of those days!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Hey thanks for the report anyway. Hopefully they will turn on in two weeks when I make the trip back home

Comment

TTU-Leave that cold there when ya show here.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Some of them what looked like a skunk day ended up being the best trout day...I'll take one BIG bite over many small ones anyday! Guess thats what keeps us coming back for more.
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                      X