Lower Galveston Bay 07.30.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Galveston Bay 07.30.10

Today was another grind for me. I just can't seem to make things happen before mid-day. As of 11:00, I only had one fish in the box. Shortly thereafter the bite turned on. It was fast and furious for about an hour then the bite shut off completely, preventing me from finishing off my limit. Ended the day with nine trout to 23"; all on free-lined piggies in about 3 feet of water.

The west winds had the bay somewhat off-color. As the day progressed, the water clarity improved. As I was leaving, green water was beginning to push through.

JQ
    Attached Files

WTG!!!

Comment

Sweet!!! Seems like the trout switched off their normal pattern and moved a little deeper this year. Good job finding 'em. Be sure to save some for me.

Aye

Comment

Definatly a mid morning bite for me yesterday too. From 630 to 10am I had 6 Trout. From 10am to 1130 am we had 24 Trout. Bite stopped at 1130 when tide went slack.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

And yes James, you know exactly where I was at .

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice Stringer! Thanks for the report!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

sweet!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice stringer and thanks for the report. I have noticed the fish being deeper too AND harder to come by as it seems every trip is a grind session.
                Happy Fishin'
                Chicken

Comment

Nice stringer! the bite has been late for the whole week if you can grind it out in this heat.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice going and good report!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good going ...did alot better than me !!
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X