Surf Sunday 8/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Sunday 8/1

Took my neighbor Steve, his dad and cousin Joel. Dad had never fished arties and Joel had only fished a couple of times in his life in a stock tank for bass. Loaded up all my rods and spent the first 15 minutes teacing them how to use everything and setting the brakes, drag etc.
    Plan was to be in the water at 5:00 and be out by 8:00ish, but as usual the plan didn't work out. When we got to the seawall, saw that the water was brown and there was tons of bait, so we decided to give it a go since we were already there.
    Visibility was about 4". Threw tops, tails, corkys, spoons, spinnerbaits and mirrolures and didn't catch a single fish by 9:00, so Steve says "are you ready to go?" and of course I say "yeah.....just a few more casts". A few casts later I hook up and the guys all move over to where I am and we proceeded to catch or miss fish almost every cast for the next 3 hours. We probably caught about 70 fish that were a mix of Specs and sandies. Kept 17 for Steve for dinner for the extended family in town and finally quit as the water started turning green about 1:30.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

wow thats some good, interesting info. would they hit topwaters that late in the day or just plastics?
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
        wow thats some good, interesting info. would they hit topwaters that late in the day or just plastics?
        They'll hit topwaters any time of day if they're hungry or you really spiff 'em off.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Most were caught on plastics, Corkys and mirrolures out neck deep on me.....which is over the average persons head.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Wow, good job. Sounds fun. I was thinking of hitting it in the morning, do you think the conditions would be ok?

Comment

Should be better tomorrow if the S or SE winds keep up.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Thank you, going to take my 10 year old so I dont think we will be out neck deep. I hope we can still find em!

Comment

neck deep ??? how do you cast or land fish neck deep?????
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

It aint easy.....I must have dropped 10 fish trying to get them in the basket.
                    sigpic

Comment

be there tomorrow. it seems to be a middle of the day bite, surf or bay.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Btw one of the guys there had shark's busting his topwater's.pretty cool.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice job,congrats
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Your my hero Chip! Maybe I should have stayed out there longer today. I hit the third sand bar and nothing! Not sure, but I don't like fishing with that much bait, sharks, etc.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                            X