7/29 Trout Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/29 Trout Action

Met up with Alex and my dad at Dollar Point. Jumped in the water at 6 am to find all kinds of bait. It started off pretty slow. I think it was 6:30 before I got my first blowup. Alex was making us look bad. He picked up 9 all on topwaters at the first spot. I think his biggest here was around 20 or 21. My dad and I racked 7 together to 22 inches. I caught most of mine on a bone SSJR but a couple on pumpkinseed assassin. The current was ripping here. We got bombarded by the shirtless clan of 5. They anchored about a hundred yards off our boat and started wading and slamming fish. Kind of ticked me off but oh well. After the bite slowed, we moved out to some midbay reefs. I was a little surprised to find 5-6 boats on MY SPOT on a weekDAY. LOL. It was a bit of a grind but we added 8 more to the box and threw back a few dinks. Me and Alex each caught a 23 within probably 15 minutes of each other.He threw his back but I'm a meat hungry heartless sob and threw mine on ice My dad and I threw pumpkin and Alex threw his hideous purple worm. It was an awesome day with beautiful weather. We had a northeast changing to east wind blowing 5-7 knots. Probably could have grinded out a limit but it was getting hot and the action was slow. Stopped at some birds on the way in and battled a few donkey skipjack. We had a blast. I'm ready to hit it again.

Last edited by XtremeAngler; August 1, 2010, 08:22 PM.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Nice box of fish! WTG fellas!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice yob young men... That is a box of fish... Way to grind em out...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report and pics!!

Comment

A fine day for sure.....congratulations for a successful trip !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice haul, WTG. That area is one of my favs.
              Happy Fishin'
              Chicken

Comment

That is a nice haul there. I'll be out in East bay next week, hopefully I can have soem of the same success.

Comment

GREAT JOB Ryan and company!

Comment

Originally posted by ron johnson View Post
                    GREAT JOB Ryan and company!
                    Nope I'm not ryan, I'm nathan. You're thinking of extremewaderdude. But being called ryan is a compliment. Thanks
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X