Monday 8/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 8/2

It was good yesterday evening with birds working. I had 5 nice fish with shoulders on 51MR's. It was a tad windy and rough too.

This morning it was flat and the birds were working hard close in. It was almost every cast at times although most fish were 14-16". Topwaters and 51's worked best for me. It was over by 8:15.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

kenny you make me mad...lol...nice report.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

me too. i thought there would still be too much west in the wind. i'm going tomorrow. sounds like a fun trip kenny.
      michelle

Comment

what the heck. I fished with alex and joe this morning at a couple different spots on the seawall for a total of 2 blowups and one 14 inch trout foul hooked in the rectum
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Congrats on the catch.nice report
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice Kenny.......Glad you found em this am. I may be out there Wed am.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
              what the heck. I fished with alex and joe this morning at a couple different spots on the seawall for a total of 2 blowups and one 14 inch trout foul hooked in the rectum
              Were the birds working up & down the beach?
              I drove to the first ones and waded out. I spent a lot of time walking fast in thigh deep water to flocks of working birds back and forth.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Oh yeah, The water's absolutely full of big arse shrimp. I saw a guy that was driving back and forth cast netting the shrimp!
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  Oh yeah, The water's absolutely full of big arse shrimp. I saw a guy that was driving back and forth cast netting the shrimp!
                  What are the rules on cast netting shrimp? Thinking about getting a net tonight and nettin me some shriump tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                    What are the rules on cast netting shrimp? Thinking about getting a net tonight and nettin me some shriump tomorrow!
                    I'm sure if you go to TP&W and look it up they will tell you.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

TTU is gonna use shrimp!! WTH??!!!

Nice going Kenny!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        Were the birds working up & down the beach?
                        I drove to the first ones and waded out. I spent a lot of time walking fast in thigh deep water to flocks of working birds back and forth.
                        We found some diving and sitting pelicans and I thought that was gonna be money. Turns out it wasn't. I guess we should have just kept driving to find gulls. But I had no confidence in that nasty water.

Alex I'm pretty sure you can castnet shrimp to your heart's content
                        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
                          We found some diving and sitting pelicans and I thought that was gonna be money. Turns out it wasn't. I guess we should have just kept driving to find gulls. But I had no confidence in that nasty water.

Alex I'm pretty sure you can castnet shrimp to your heart's content
                          Fall Open Season
                          Aug 15 - Oct 31 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset
                          15 pounds / person / day
                          Must count no more than 50 shrimp/pound
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Comment

Cast Net:
                              A net that can be hand-thrown over an area.
                              May be used to take NONGAME fish and shrimp only.
                              May not be greater than 14 feet in diameter.
                              In SALT WATER, nongame fish may be taken for bait purposes only.

Inside 5 Nautical miles
                              100 pounds/person/day

The 15 pound restriction applies to bay shrimping.

Comment

Working...
                              X