7-30-2010 lower galveston bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-30-2010 lower galveston bay

Friday, rtoler took me in his 21 foot Century to fish the gas wells out from Kemah. Water was off color ..SW winds, shrimp boats dragging nets nearby, and some fresh water runoff. I caught a little sand trout on a spoon before we moved to fish outside and inside Moses Lake. Alot of bait in both areas , water still not great, skipjacks around. Moved again to Mosquito Island around noon where the water was outstanding. While drifting, I landed a 20 " trout on a silver spoon and Randy a 14 1/2 " flounder on a Gulp. I had not planned on wading, but I got out while anchored and worked the shell getting only a rat red . After a promising start, nothing more so we drifted Sand Island where Randy hooked something BIG that began to spool him. I cranked the outboard and we chased down that fish for an hour, Randy pointing the way and signaling idle or forward while sweating and gasping like a man in a dry hot sauna. Finally we determined it had to be a Jack Crevelle which proved correct as both he and the fish wore out and it surfaced. Trying to get the fish close enough to net, luck would have it that the line got cut.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

END

Randy was not in a very good mood after that for a while...he wanted to land that monster, especially after all that sweating. He said he would need some Advil that night. I gave him a cold Starbucks Frappachino and he perked up. We hit Mosquito Island again on the way back, but hooked up only some Skipjacks.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

It was a real pleasure fishing with you Plugger! And many thanks for your patience driving me to Mr Jack. I really needed that "fix". But you have my permission to pull your fillet knife on me the next time I try that stunt........
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

Looks like ya'll had a fun day on the H20.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

glad to see you back on the board Plugger
          Last edited by txwhaler 22; August 5, 2010, 10:49 PM. Reason: sp
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Great report!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report and pics Plugger!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
              X