Fishing Seat... Boat Seat Pedestal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Seat... Boat Seat Pedestal

I'm looking for some help on this bow mounted fishing seat that I have. A lot of bay boats have them they are the half seat you lean up against etc... just curious if I need to keep it greased so it slides in and out of the deck easier. Never had one before and right now it doesn't recess all the way in there even with me sitting on it. It sticks out maybe 1/2" to an 1" from being flush... Any thoughts?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

So the seat peg is longer than the hole and the hole is capped so seat peg won't go all way down/in? Never heard of that-most are straight thru and open as to plate with about 2-3" brass reinforcement tube for peg to slide into. Maybe some nylon washers would help it set-use as spacers between plate and main seat leg? I'd buy a lot of them if that's what will work-they will crack.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      So the seat peg is longer than the hole and the hole is capped so seat peg won't go all way down/in?
      Exactly! When I push the seat peg into the hole water comes out as it goes in...

Comment

Drill the "cap" out so it goes all the way down? Or add Nylon Washers as spacers to close the gap? Unless the "cap" is next to hull, I think I'd drill it out with same circumference as existing hole-that way seat leg seats all the way down to plate and should stabilize since won't be sticking out 1" above plate. Yes, grease/lube the hole so it doesn't get stuck or stick. Basically its like a pedestal bass boat seat right-if so, it should work just drilling out the cap/bottom so it sits flush against mounting plate. Just be sure the cap aint what's holding the brass sleeve in place in the plate. What do you think?
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Idea

Hey Huckleberry Finn:
          come on over saturday and you can help me pull the skeeter apart to get filters replaced and we'll drill holes in your boat for your seat!!! Also got to move two queen beds and a king and maybe a 200 plus pound foldaway couch/bed from upstairs to downstairs-then we can paint the downstairs room. It'll be FUN FUN FUN-just like painting a white pickett fence-yee haw.
          Everyone knows how much fun painting, moving heavy furniture and working on boats is!!!
          Yur gud Friend,

Tom Sawyer

PS: J/K-ha ha.

Comment

I dont know if I would drill it out. Once you do that then you are gonna have plenty of saltwater going into your deck storage. I have seen plastic caps that sometimes come with those mounts, and sometimes they get pushed into the hole. If this happens the seat mount obviously cant go down all the way. We'll run over there and take a look at it later this week.

Comment

Is the hole made in the boat or is it on a plate that you put on the boat? If it is a plate you put on some of the have a nut welded to them so you can get a seat peg and screw into it to keep them from coming out. Mine are like that .

Comment

Yah it might be like that Jason, I'll check it out this weekend... I'm always messing with it when its in the storage unit not out in the open lol I can't get a good look... It has a plate welded into the deck and I can drill through the bottom but you might be right about the screw however my pedestal I bought doesn't have threads...

Comment

Working...
                X