Monday Morning Sand Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning Sand Trout

My 10 year old son and I hit the beach at 6:40 and had a ball. We caught 63 fish, he did all the counting! It was a lot of fun. It started out slow and a nice gentleman next to us started catching sand trout and hollered for us to join him. We followed the birds and our new fishing partner and caught one after another. Many times there was a fish on as soon as the lure hit the water. We were catching them on pearl/chart and red/white assassins. I tried a spook jr clown and caught some specks but they were 13-14". The top water slowed the action down, so I went back to the plastics and just enjoyed catching so many fish. It was a great father son day!

It is a blast catching them when they are schooling like that.Congrats to you and your son
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a day he will remember for a long time! Thanks for the report.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice!

Comment

good eating

Comment

Have any of yall been on the galveston beach front in the past couple of days to catch some of shrimp thats been out there in massive schools because of the shrimp boats running them in early in the morning

Comment

Great job Dad!
              Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

WTG Dad...I plan on getting my girls to the beach next week, that kinda of action is always a blast for the kiddos.

Comment

My buddy went yesterday and the waves were about 2 ft. They did'nt catch anything. The went to Rollover and struck out and ended up at the jetties where they caught one speck and one rat red on plastics.

Comment

Working...
                  X