tuesday am surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday am surf

i met up w/ taylor and his friend henry this morning for some surf fishing. i checked the wind and it was from the west. it didn't change like it was supposed to but went anyway. the water was sandy. tons and tons of bait and birds working everywhere. i think taylor strung 2 keeper specs when i was leaving. we tore up the sand trout with triple hook ups but that wasn't what we were after.
    there are so many shrimp in the water and tons of small needle fish. taylor caught most of his on tops, i had alot of sandies on a 51mr. plastics worked too. we were on west beach. only saw a few stringers out along the seawall driving back.
    michelle

thanks for the report

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

taylor just texted and said he ended up w/ 3.
        michelle

Comment

Mich,
          I don't know where you folks were.
          It was sandy early here but greened up clearer than it's been during this run of light wind. The big shrimp were gone but little ones have taken their place. Tons of mullet but no predatory action other than from Dolphins and seagulls. I caught two sand trout......
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Michelle,
            I was going to post a report as well, but you said it all! I hit it early this morning and there was so much bait it was crazy. Shrimp, mullet, pompno, shad, etc. Saw lots of sharks. I threw tops for the first hour and only managed two blow ups, no takers. Switch to MR51 and the sandies and even a slimer hit it. Left around 8:00, no much fun catching sand trout that are 5" long!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report.Glad you got out there
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

You must not be living right kenny, I found them.
                "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                  You must not be living right kenny, I found them.
                  Moe posted that they had a 7 1/2#er!
                  Boom any of yours have any size?
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for the report! Lot's of finger mullet and shad in the water. I wish I could find the shrimp! I hate buying them!
                    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

i fished w/ a buddy in sea isle surf and we caught 20 or so 12 and 13 inch trout. and also alot of sand trout, and two nasty as$s sting rays. we kept 3 specs and probably had 5 keepers but none were a hair over 15 inches.

water was sandy and it seems that after 3 days of zero wind it would green up. i see now why i rarely fish the surf as my brand new reel went under and have sand everyhwere in my relatively new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        Moe posted that they had a 7 1/2#er!
                        Boom any of yours have any size?
                        I had a really nice one rip my rod out of my hands. I was able to grab the line out of the water and get my rod back only to lose the fish while trying to seal the deal.
                        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                        boom

Comment

Glad to hear they are still there.....They need to stay 2 more days.
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                          X