8/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/03

Met up with Wakebait Master Joe and launched early at Dollar. Hit the same spot as a last week. We putt in and see slicks everywhere. There was one spot where there were 6 slicks in a row, all the size of a trash can lid. Bait everywhere, everything you want. In 2.5 hours, we only pulled off 5 keeper fish. Joe caught his on SSJR and lost a nice 20. I caught mine on a shedog. We got bombarded by another boat again. I deliberately made a fish hook (no pun intended) with the boat to go around where I wanted to fish. While we were getting our boots on and strapping up, I'll be danged if a boat comes and anchors right where we were going to wade out to, maybe 100 yards from us. Three guys jumped out and took my spot. I don't know if this hurt the bite or it was just a coincidence. After that, we went to drift some midbay reefs and just couldn't buy a bite. One 14 inch trout was all we managed. Even the croaker guys' rods weren't bent. About 11 am or so, we headed to the south shoreline to try and find some reds. Instead, found a school of dink trout and sandies. We caught maybe 10 of them and managed one keeper on a down south pumpkin. Caught a few on topwaters but the bite was much slower than plastics. After that we called it a day.
    There was a light north breeze early diminishing to calm. It was hot hot hot. The middle of the bay was a nice sandy green and the south shoreline was very sandy and offcolor. Wasn't a bad day considering the no wind factor. I'm out to work for 2 weeks straight so yall tear em up!
    Pic after first wade. Fish were 15-20
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Great report again......very nice!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Potlicker and spot stealers on tuesday..what the hell is going on........at least you ground out some keeper....good job.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report,congrats on the catch
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

good job getting on some fish.

Comment

good report
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Thanks for the report... way to go !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X