Interesting day at the surf.... 8/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting day at the surf.... 8/3

Waded in the surf a little east of Jamaica Beach this evening around 6. Right when I got out there I started getting hits on my silver spoon. Started catching some small sand trout and a few specks. Strung 3 that were in the 16-18" range. Had something crazy happen that I've never seen, as I was reeling in a sand trout, two large fish followed it in. At first I thought it was two blacktips but it ended up being two BIG trout. One tried to eat the sand trout and missed...It was an awesome sight to say the least..So after about 45 minutes a small mishap happened that ended my day. I had a trout on that shook my spoon and flew back and hit me in the face, I shortly found out that it went into my nose and half way out the other end. Some nice guys on the beach tried to help but the pliers weren't sharp enough. I drove home and cut the hook and pulled it out (painful lol). Put some hydrogen peroxide on it and it's all good. I'm gonna be back out there tomorrow to find the trout that spit that spoon!!

Comment

Man that sux!!!!! But, better the nose than the eye..... I would have liked to see that big Trout eat the little Trout LOL.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Wow nice catch.lol....i think you have started some new fishin fashion there ttu wader.....
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I would have too..those trout were definitely over 5lbs..

It was funny, this guy asked me what I caught the fish on and I just pointed to my nose lol.

Comment

ouch!

Comment

that looks painful
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Glad your ok ,Dang that had to hurt.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

dang alex!!! that hurts!

Comment

OUCH Alex.......I might have to break out the giant swim bait.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That looks painful.On the bright side it could be a start to a new fachion trend.Get JT to market it for you.Yes on the big trout eating smaller ones.The best bait for big trout are little trout,too bad its illegal to use them.
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

OUCH. Could seriously be the new style. You should open a booth at the mall

Comment

ouch...

Comment

Chip,

I was thinking the same thing, I'm going to look for some at Academy.

Comment

Working...
                              X