Final Count 23-3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Count 23-3-2

Started late for a trip to Bacliff to explore a new area. Launched at about 8:15am into a "nearly ice cream smooth" water with about 6" visibility. Headed north into a slight breeze and saw some shrimp being busted not 50 yards from the launch. Threw a bone SS Jr. and it was fish on. Wow this is gonna be a good day and as I brought the fish to the yak it was a slimer and a big one. Good thing I recently switched to single hooks and got rid of the treble hooks. Kept that sucker WAY outside the yak and released it. Continued on my paddle and saw more shrimp being busted. The SS Jr made another flight and did it's job as I had another one, but this one was a trout and a nice 21". Released the trout and shrimp was still being busted, so made another cast and BAM! You could hear the whistle blowing on this one as it took off like a freight train and the sleigh ride was on. After a few runs and about 10 minutes I had a pretty good red at the side of my yak. The check-it stick was short and I pulled the tape out where it measured 27 5/8". Released the red and continued "exploring". The topwater bite had come and gone when I came up on some birds working, so the TTF KFM did it's job. It was pretty much non-stop all morning and they were hitting ANY color KFM I tossed to them until I made it back to the ramp around 1:45pm. Not a bad day and I found some water with structure I liked and it's only 25 minutes from the house.

Sorry, no pics as my phone went dead .

Oh and as the title says the final count was 21 gafftops, 3 trout (21", 16" & 20") and 2 reds(27 5/8" & 24"). I was switching colors with the KFM, but them dang gafftops hit EVERY color I threw. I guess I'll be seeing this in my dreams:
    Attached Files
    Happy Fishin'
    Chicken

Nice report ! There seem to be alot of slimer's around Bacliff&San Leon right now.Hey what are you doing fishin in my hood without a PM..lol
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
      Nice report ! There seem to be alot of slimer's around Bacliff&San Leon right now.Hey what are you doing fishin in my hood without a PM..lol
      LOL - Got a "hood" pass from the wife and she outranks you .
      Happy Fishin'
      Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by chicken View Post
        LOL - Got a "hood" pass from the wife and she outranks you .
        No doubt
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sounds like fun!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice day on the water,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice going...thanks for the report !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

cool pic
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                X