Waterloo vs. Ftu green rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterloo vs. Ftu green rod

I own a FTU Green rod and they are the lightest rod i have ever fished with. They also have enough backbone to get a big red in the boat in a short amount of time.

Ive noticed that a lot of people fish with Waterloo's though. What is the best rod?
    Attached Files

Laguna

Here is a pic of my first Laguna... Outfishes FTU , AR , Waterloo etc.. Daily..LOL

Go with what feels right .......Check em all out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Waterloo all the way!!!!!!!! Been fishing with them for two years now and not any problems at all. Light, sensitive, and well constucted rods. Give Jimmy Burns a call at Waterloo 361-573-0300.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I've got nothing but Laguna's, but I will say Jimmy(Waterloo) makes one fine rod.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I have no preference but tend to stick to Castaway's though I really enjoy my Custom Billy StiX Rod!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            I have no preference but tend to stick to Castaway's though I really enjoy my Custom Billy StiX Rod!
            Yep...Billy does a dang good job too. Still waiting on my camo rod, but Billy assured me its getting closer to being done.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I just got an HP lite and love it. Good price too

Comment

You couldn't give me another Green FTU rod,I've returned 3 seperate rods for broken tips.I been fishing the same GLoomis for over 3 years with no problem.I had a GLoomis I just sent back with a 20 dollar check for shipping and they sent me a new rod and the rod I sent in was over 5 years old.I have a Laguna as well and seemed to like it I just had danny put new eyes on the rod because athe 4 eyes near the end broke off and they were the recoil eyes.I had him put fuji eyes near the end and recoil near the handle.I'll sell my new only used once FTU Green Rod for 150.00 so I can get another GLoomis if there's any takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                  You couldn't give me another Green FTU rod,I've returned 3 seperate rods for broken tips.I been fishing the same GLoomis for over 3 years with no problem.I had a GLoomis I just sent back with a 20 dollar check for shipping and they sent me a new rod and the rod I sent in was over 5 years old.I have a Laguna as well and seemed to like it I just had danny put new eyes on the rod because athe 4 eyes near the end broke off and they were the recoil eyes.I had him put fuji eyes near the end and recoil near the handle.I'll sell my new only used once FTU Green Rod for 150.00 so I can get another GLoomis if there's any takers.
                  I've got the Loomis crank bait series in medium light and its going on 5 years old now. Caught a 35# jack on it last year and a cast later a 5# trout...definitely a good rod.
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    I've got the Loomis crank bait series in medium light and its going on 5 years old now. Caught a 35# jack on it last year and a cast later a 5# trout...definitely a good rod.
                    Yes sir, I own a few GLoomis rods and that crankbait rod is about as good a rod gets for working a corky or any other crankbait.I have a few of both the 781CBR-C & 783CBR-C and there hard to beat for 220..00 with a lifetime guarentee.

Comment

There was a batch of blanks that were sanded to thin in the summer. That might explain the 4 broken tips. I broke 2 in a weeks span. The next batch they got I picked up two and haven't had any problems since.

I've picked up that crankbait rod plenty of times in the store. That is one badass rod! I liked the glx's too but those will run you about $340!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                        There was a batch of blanks that were sanded to thin in the summer. That might explain the 4 broken tips. I broke 2 in a weeks span. The next batch they got I picked up two and haven't had any problems since.

I've picked up that crankbait rod plenty of times in the store. That is one badass rod! I liked the glx's too but those will run you about $340!
                        The GLX's are nice but if I remember right, they bruise really easy. I remember the display rods in the store had little indentions on them from numb nuts whacking them on stuff. But you would have to be really careful with them
                        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                        X